See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Manager, Billing Operations
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Billing Operations Manager to lead and grow our Billing Team in America. The person in this role will be a results oriented individual who is motivated to tackle complex problems, has a “can do” attitude, is passionate about metrics, and is willing to go above and beyond to help our customers. Reporting to the Senior Billing Operations Manager based in Dublin, Ireland, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s efforts to provide a 24/7 service to our customers & their billing needs.
- Providing direct supervision to a team of Billing Analysts within the Billing Operations Department. You will ensure that the team is consistently providing a first class service that is efficient, effective, customer and delivery focused and resilient. Manage the on boarding of customer contracts, pricing models and billing of customers (domestic and international). Ensuring the timely and accurate processing of Credits, Credit Card refunds & Terminations.
- Providing a first class service by managing customers queries and their timely responses through spending time to deeply understand & solve problems from their perspective.
- Participating in month end close, including: Managing and tracking recurring billing and managing approvals. Your role is key to driving excellence to ensure that we achieve the highest level of quality for our customers.
- Mentoring team members, refining processes and providing training working closely with the other Billing seniors within the team. Monitor performance effectively and take action where necessary with poor performance. Interact extensively across all functional teams within Billing Operations & Twilio.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of accounting/finance/operations experience, with 2-3 years of managerial experience in Billings/Revenue for a publicly traded company.
- SOX experience.
- Degree in Accounting/Business Administration or the equivalent.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with NetSuite and Salesforce.com (or similar ERP & CRM systems).
- Solid experience working with large volume transactions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel user: able to handle very large “raw” data sets using pivots and advanced functions such as VLOOKUP.
This role will be located in our Atlanta, GA office or alternatively working remotely in Atlanta. Minimal travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.