See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next APJ Specialist Sales Lead
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio.org is seeking a passionate team member to be part of Twilio.org International team - the social impact business within Twilio. In this role you will have a unique opportunity to work with the world’s leading non-for-profit organizations (NFPs) and social enterprises to define and build the next generation of communication technologies for social and environmental good. You have the rare combination of social impact experience, business acumen and basic technical savvy, and are looking to build your career where these skills can intersect and grow!
- As a Social Impact Specialist with Twillio.org APJ, you will play a key part in expanding. Twilio.org’s impact and revenue across APJ amongst large & mid-sized (Tier 1) NFPs.
- The role will see you building relationships across these organizations within the initial part of the pipeline, creating opportunities with senior sales team members and working on a long term expansion of the APJ business.
- You will utilize your skills to build valuable relationships, becoming a high-level representative for the Twilio.org mission and customer portfolio.
- You will work with Twilio.org marketing & sales teams to create events, nurture relationships & leads and drive customer growth at scale..
- You will be ready to step-up and help in later stages of relationships, including elements of deal progression, customer success management and project portfolio engagement.
- BE AN OWNER - you will have a GM mindset, partnering with sales leadership in APJ to strategise on NFP market development with local sales teams.
As an APJ Specialist Sales Lead Twilio.org you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DON'T SETTLE: Growth mindset of exceeding expectations and targets combined with focus on social impact and making the world a better place.
- DRAW THE OWL: Partnering with Twilio.org sales teams, technical leads. partners to build creative outreach programs that build enterprise and Mid-Market NFP pipeline in APJ. You will develop a deep understanding of the local NFP use cases. You will then partner with tech leads and partners to build blueprints for these unique challenges. And use these to build creative outreach programs that build the pipeline in APJ.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Research new accounts, and build and expand existing accounts by adding contacts, outbound calling efforts and sending strategic email, video and social campaigns. Looking for organisations that will move Twilio.org close to the North Star goal of helping 1 billion people by 2030.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Develop strong relationships (both internal and external), and excel at building long-lasting partnerships with peers and prospective customers.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ year sales experience in the PaaS / SaaS industries, telco experience is a plus.
- Fluent in English and at least two major Asia-Pacific languages.
- A go-getter attitude, who wants to develop new and innovative communications workflows.
- General understanding of Sales Enablement Platforms (Outreach), CRM and prospecting tools.
- Has a personal mission for working with non-for-profit organisations and making the world a better place for everyone.
- Deep cultural awareness - strong international experience, especially emerging markets is a significant plus.
- An effective communicator. You provide clear written materials and so-whats, with actionable synthesis and recommendations. You have strong listening skills and you naturally codify and write things down.
- Proven track record of discipline and prioritisation - the NFP ecosystem in APJ is complicated and very fragmented.
This role will be based in our Sydney office.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.