See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as our next Principal Data Scientist, GTM Analytics.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help scale the company’s rapidly growing global go-to-market organization by predicting at scale, providing strategic insights to run the business, and automating processes, enabling maximum productivity across the organization.
As a Principal Data Scientist in GTM Analytics, you thrive at wrangling large amounts of data, building complex predictive models, and scaling and automating processes. As a team lead, you have a demonstrated track record of excellence in project management, communication, business sense, and cross-functional teamwork. You are energized by a dynamic, high-growth environment.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with product managers to scope, design, and implement machine learning models
- Perform clustering, time series forecasting, natural language processing, classification and other quantitative analyses to inform data-driven decision making
- Feature engineer disparate data sets from multiple data sources, perform feature selection, model evaluation, and deployment
- Utilize APIs to further extract and enrich data
- Use python to wrangle & visualize data
- Use cloud platforms such as AWS, Heroku, or GCP to handle larger scale data
- Support operational leaders by developing code to automate manual processes
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Extensive experience in full lifecycle development and productionalization of machine learning models
- 7+ years relevant experience as an individual contributor
- Expertise in Python, SQL, R, cloud platforms, and data visualization
- Master's or PhD in Data Science, Analytics, or related field
- Experience with AWS Sagemaker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in multiple languages applicable to the region
This role will be located in our Bangalore office. Approximately 2% travel is anticipated.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.