See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Program Manager, GTM PMO
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to guide our GTM Applications team in delivering powerful, innovative solutions for the GTM organization that are intuitive and easy to use.
Our team delivers the tools that enable effective selling and customer support. We are seeking an innovative, curious, and committed leader to define and implement our program management processes. You’ll prioritize and shape projects and programs that enhance Twilio’s ability to go to market effectively and scalable. You’ll use a forward-thinking, diverse team to make a meaningful impact on the business, and contribute to the future of a successful, rapidly growing team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Facilitate a continuous exploration process with executives and supporting teams across the company to establish a unified set of strategic priorities, roadmaps, and backlogs
- Optimize and oversee a process that effectively leverages the team’s capacity to convert ideas to vetted project proposals with data driven business recommendations, ROI, budget and project sponsorship
- Collaborate with other leaders on the GTM Applications team to determine and implement light-weight mechanisms for capacity management and resource allocation of team members
- Set the annual calendar of planning activities for development iterations, releases, quarterly planning events
- Ensure all leaders and resources are well-versed in our agile practices through training, coaching and up-to-date process documentation
- Publish and report on progress against quarterly objectives across the portfolio to all leaders and stakeholders
- Drive consistent, high-quality project management practices by creating and maintaining a repository of templates and best practices
- Manage portfolio risks and cross-team dependencies, escalate and identify solutions to impediments
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of experience leading programs in the (IT/business applications space, a plus)
- 2+ years in a leadership role within a program management function (including related processes, tools and measurement/scorecards)
- Proven ability to create and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external executive stakeholders.
- Skilled at facilitating discussions on issue identification, prioritization, and resolution
- Authentic, empathetic, and inspiring leader, dedicated to the growth and success of the people you work with
- Agile/Scaled Agile coaching, training and/or mentoring skillset, with a familiarity with traditional project and program management methodologies and software development.
- At least one of the following certifications: PMP, PgMP, PMI-ACP, SAFe Agile RTE, ITIL, ITSM, Lean Six Sigma; Salesforce certifications
- Sales/CRM Application program management experience, Salesforce a plus
This role will be remote, and based in the San Francisco, CA, USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $79,408.00-$113,440.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.