Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is the world’s leading customer engagement platform empowering developers to build modern communication applications and experiences. We send over 3 billion emails on behalf of our customers on a daily basis. We seek an inspired and technical individual to join our email channel leadership team. As a manager of the customer portal and interactions teams, you will lead teams that develop and evolve systems and features that impact millions of users and their customers. These teams build extremely high scale, full stack, distributed services and APIs that enable customers to manage their email settings at scale. If you are excited about leading teams whose mission is to provide a delightful and trusted user experience at scale, you may be a fantastic fit.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading teams that build trusted services at scale. You also have:
- 3+ years of experience managing software engineering teams in a large scale enterprise environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading inclusive teams, mentoring engineers, and teaching proven practices that help teams grow.
- Passion, empathy, and you wear the customer’s shoes.
- Ability to lead through change effectively.
- Architecture and systems vision and the ability to communicate, advocate, and execute with your teams on that vision.
- Technical savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, and enterprise software.
- Strong influential and persuasion skills to manage Right vs Right Now engineering decisions.
- Demonstrated record in unblocking teams and projects, delivering against product roadmaps.
- Strong belief in automation over toil.
- Instill an ownership culture within your teams, delivering operationally mature systems that are highly available, resilient, and maintainable.
As a leader at Twilio, you will:
- Be an Owner. Companies rely on Twilio to “just work”. Operating with excellence is imperative. You will be accountable to identify, track, and communicate team KPIs, SLOs, and SLAs. You will execute with your teams on annual and quarterly goals.
- Demonstrate good judgement: Great leaders display good judgement consistently. They make good decisions even in the face of ambiguity. They think and decide strategically instead of reacting to tactical issues. Can you consistently make decisions that better your team?
- Cultivate your team: You set clear expectations, provide coaching, manage performance, and develop your team. You empower your team to continuously grow, improve, and strive to deliver their best outcomes.
- Don’t Settle: Institute development best practices to ensure the team produces high quality, well-architected and supportable services.
- Be Inclusive: How will you grow your team through teaching, nurturing, and welcoming, safe spaces where everyone can bring their authentic selves?
- Write it Down: You are able to distill complex thoughts and concepts simply. You are articulate and concise in written and verbal communication.
The email channel sends over 3 billion emails per day on behalf of our over 90,000 paying customers and supports millions of users. Email remains a critical form of communication in B2B and B2C engagement. As part of a broader communications platform within Twilio, our teams have an exciting opportunity to support a better human experience.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in Irvine and US remote candidates will also be considered. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Denver/Boulder Metro: $146,240.00 - $201,080.00
Rest of Colorado: $127,960.00- $175,945.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks