Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. Twilio's Messaging platform enables companies to integrate omnichannel communications into their applications via easy to use APIs. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Messaging Core Infrastructure team in Tallinn who is passionate about designing, developing, deploying and operating software solutions at scale, and wants to help Twilio deliver the best user experience for next-generation communications.
For those looking to build, a position within the Messaging Core Infrastructure team will be an opportunity not to be missed! This team builds greenfield projects from the ground up, in a challenging and highly scaling environment. You must be capable of coordinating and executing multiple topics seamlessly.
You will become the go-to person for domain expertise and develop your professional experience by leading larger and more complex projects. Growth opportunities are numerous including remaining technical (IC) or non-technical (EM).
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and is excited to take on complex engineering challenges in the fast-growing business of communications.
From you as a candidate, we expect:
- Scalable backend. You understand scalability challenges and the performance of server-side code. You can design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and performing-under-load systems.
- Databases. You have experience with multiple storage technologies and can reason about how to choose the suitable storage technology for a given purpose.
- Java. You are a Java enthusiast and professional. There is at least one framework in which you can be called an expert.
- Cloud. You are proficient in cloud technologies and are hands-on in at least one cloud platform: GCP, AWS, or Azure. You are able to both design and develop cloud-based systems and operate them in an automated fashion.
- Testing. You are passionate about quality and can engineer it at all stages of software development. You are able to design and develop a quality pipeline requiring as little human intervention as possible.
- Operations. You like to own a domain end to end, including deploying and operating your services in production.
- Communication and collaboration. You have strong communication skills and desire to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
We welcome candidates with different levels of seniority and experience.
As a software engineer in the Messaging Core Infrastructure team, you will design, implement and operate backend services that are the backbone of message delivery in Twilio. You will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Not every problem has a textbook solution. You will be expected to research the unknowns, implement and iterate. Educate your team as you go.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You will own the design, implementation and the operations of Messaging backend services, handling hundreds of millions of requests daily.
- DON’T SETTLE: Live and champion mature, high-quality engineering through writing tests, valuing code maintainability, documenting your work, etc
- WRITE IT DOWN: Twilio is a global, fast-growing company that builds complex systems. To be successful in joining these globally built complex parts of the system, You will be expected to write down the requirements, design, implementation, etc.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will primarily collaborate with other Messaging teams based in Tallinn and San Francisco and, of course, rest of the Twilio engineering globally.
Core services are the backbone of messages state and delivery. Being on the critical path for most Messaging product features, the core service’s primary challenges focus around scalability, reliability and low latency. Choosing the right architecture and design for the services is a rewarding challenge that drives the engineers in the Core Infrastructure team!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn, though considering the world’s current circumstances will start as remote.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.