Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. Twilio SMS Engineering is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Tallinn, Estonia to work on our SMS stack with the purpose to build and optimise for SMS delivery. To take it to global scale, you will be developing on a complex distributed platform in Java and will focus on services availability, throughput, latency, and data integrity. At the core are cloud technologies that enable deployment and management of computing resources globally.
Twilio is looking for versatile software engineers with product thinking eager to bring our cloud-hosted platform to new heights and who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of Software development experience
- Years of experience with complex distributed systems
- Understanding of scalability challenges and performance of server-side code. You can design and develop horizontally-scalable and resilient systems.
- Proficiency on at least one of the cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, or GCP. You are able to both design and develop cloud-based systems and operate them in an automated fashion.
- Passion about quality and testing. You are able to design and develop CI/CD quality pipelines requiring as little human intervention as possible.
- Interested in designing and implementing machine learning based automation systems.
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Build and operate your team's services in a distributed production environment in the DevOps model. Ensure quality by writing unit, integration, and load tests.
- DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with your Tech Lead and other Software Engineers to tackle complex problems in distributed systems.
- EMPOWER OTHERS & NO SHENANIGANS: You will collaborate with other SMS Engineering teams based in Tallinn, Malmö, Bogota and San Francisco and other Twilio teams that are globally distributed. Your continuous communication within the team is crucial for success.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE & WRITE IT DOWN: You will work directly with engineering teams and with members of the product organisation, architects and external partners to distill product requirements and customer use cases into architecture, technical design, and code.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
The Twilio‘s SMS platform enables companies to integrate communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and with on-demand global reach. Twilio is therefore challenged with abstracting away a world of complexity so that our customers can go global without concern for managing a global communications network, carrier integrations and relationships throughout the world.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Tallinn, Estonia office. Remote working from Estonia is also an option, as we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.