Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that a reliable and secure communication platform should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. Our growing customer-base ranges from individual developers to enterprises organizations who collectively leverage our communications platform to interact with millions of consumers daily.
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Supportability Engineer to drive design for supportability and escalation response in order to deliver the best customer experience. You will be a key bridge between our customers and the products and systems designed to protect them from fraud and secure our platforms. In this role, you will be also responsible for helping customers understand how the product works in detail and make sure all this is captured accurately in our documentation and training materials. This position is critical to ensure that our customers get the best results from the Twilio products that they use and will ensure that they feel supported when issues arise.
Twilio operates a 24/7 support model so the ability to work weekends and holidays (as needed) is required.
We’re looking for a customer-obsessed support professional with a demonstrated track record of going above and beyond to own urgent and high-profile issues and drive them to resolution. As a candidate for this role:
- You have 5+ years of experience working in a direct customer support capacity, either in a Tier 1 or higher level.
- You are familiar with compliance, fraud, or abuse tooling or other rules engines and understand how to interpret reports.
- You possess solid technical skills - experience in common enterprise OS’s (Window, Linux), basic scripting knowledge (JS, PHP) and markup languages (HTML, XML)
- You have experience with using industry tools to search databases, create custom queries, and generate reports - Splunk, DataDog, SQL-tools.
- You have a demonstrated history of customer focus and empathy, including the ability to communicate complex issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are an expert at handling escalations effectively and efficiently and demonstrating customer advocacy.
- You have a drive to not just “wear the customer’s shoes” but to ensure that we are providing the with the most comfortable shoes possible.
- You have an innate drive to learn, to be at the forefront of subject matter expertise, and to use that position to help others to grow their own knowledge.
- You can manage your time and priorities, with the ability to work well under pressure, and are proficient at developing workflows to remain efficient at tasks while still following standard processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to identify process and team improvements, and proven ability to create and curate internal and external documentation
As a Supportability Engineer, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Share customer feedback and share pain points with the Product Engineering Team through regular meetings and reports, using data to show why we need their help and assisting them in prioritization
- BE AN OWNER: Manage escalations efficiently and effectively and serve as the voice of the customer as we work to maintain a balance between security and usability.
- DON’T SETTLE: Work within the Supportability Engineering Team to foster best-known methods and best practices to help elevate the team and standardize excellence. You are relentless in the pursuit of improvements while at the same time valuing progress over perfection
- WRITE IT DOWN: Provide regular summaries of major live issues, incidents, escalated cases, and process pain points. Keep customers updated and provide guidance on next steps.
- DRAW THE OWL & RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work with our Product Engineering Team to provide Design for Supportability input to ensure that our products have the right level of self-service tools for our customers and the right diagnostic tooling for our Support Team.
- BE INCLUSIVE & NO SHENANIGANS: Interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
The Consumer Trust Support Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. Our mission is to prevent consumer harm by offering products and services that protect our customers and help them authenticate their users. You will ensure that the Support Team is prepared to support new product releases and work with them to identify and address skill and knowledge gaps. You will provide a second tier of support in addressing complex customer issues and will share your expertise in these situations by coaching as needed. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to guide company strategy.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be based in North America and may either be based in one of our US offices, remotely, or a hybrid. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.