Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Software Engineer to join our globally distributed Flex R&D organization on our Flex SDK team located in Tallinn. Twilio Flex is a programmable cloud contact center platform that enables mission critical customer communications for businesses such as Lyft, Shopify and many others. Flex SDK is a client side library that provides a higher degree of customisation of the contact centres allowing businesses to maximise the best of the Twilio services while maintaining the uniqueness of their own brand. With the Flex SDK team you will be taking the programmability of Flex to the next level!
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- Experience with building, maintaining and scaling backend services preferably in Java.
- Experience with build patterns from architecture to automated build and test pipelines and test-driven development in Java and microservice architecture stacks.
- Any experience with Docker, Node.js, Terraform or Kafka is supportive.
- Experience with Typescript with a desire to extend the expertise to the client-side engineering is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You will own the design and development of new API’s and significant new features end-to-end.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES & DON’T SETTLE: You will drive great developer experiences for developers worldwide.
- EMPOWER OTHERS & NO SHENANIGANS: You will collaborate with other Flex teams based in Tallinn, Prague and London and other Twilio teams that are globally distributed.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE & WRITE IT DOWN: You will work directly with engineering teams and with members of the product organisation, architects and external partners to distill product requirements and customer use cases into architecture, technical design, and code.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to redefine traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to grow at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Tallinn office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.