Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio Flex is growing rapidly and is looking for a hardworking, curious, and action oriented Principal, Program Manager to be a key contributor within the Flex Business Operations team. You will take a consultative, service-oriented approach to drive Flex programs and initiatives from strategy to planning and execution. This includes running cadences with program owners and partners and optimizing them with an eye towards successful delivery of programs and optimizing for increased program velocity. You will shepherd cross functional collaboration and alignment across functional areas (e.g. product, R&D, marketing, presales, sales, finance) and across business units, quickly identifying risks/blockers to program delivery and actively pursuing remedies, and ultimately driving program execution and delivery across a series of related initiatives.
Twilio is looking for a Principal, Program Manager who has a demonstrated track record of driving consistent execution across multiple initiatives/workstreams, collaboratively optimizing workstreams, with a grounded understanding of the problem determination/problem resolution process.
- 7+ years of program management experience across the program lifecycle (strategy>planning>execution) in the high tech or SaaS product space
- Consistent record leading large scale projects end-to-end with multiple partners that require robust organizational change and communication.
- Consistent ability to handle multiple initiatives combined with the ability to execute at tactical project level tasks.
- An outstanding communicator who is effective communicating across functional areas of the business with an ability to produce concise, persuasive documents and presentations independently with input from multiple other contributors
- Shown success in optimizing program cadences and continuously increasing value delivery
- Strong eye for business and credibility to accurately identify risk, lead it, and anticipate the impact of business events on leadership needs
- Lead multiple inputs from internal contributors to deliver a variety of key initiatives that may be business, analytical, financial, or technical in nature
- Ability to handle multiple contending priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
As a Principal, Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Contribute to the definition, development and tracking of multiple go-to-market streams.
- BE AN OWNER: Lead daily operations of a cohort of go-to-market programs, and be responsible for the successful delivery and optimizations of those programs.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document program plans for cross-team initiatives and work with multiple teams to get results on-schedule
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: : Collaborate with Product and customer-facing teams to drive the most critical go-to-market items forward.
- BE BOLD: Partner with cross functional teams to quickly identify challenges, and recommend impactful solutions that exceed the status quo.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Develop a deep understanding of the needs and challenges of cross functional teams in Development, GTM, Support, Finance and other cross functional teams to deliver meaningful solutions.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Navigate sophisticated decisions that require striking the right balance between business growth and risk mitigation objectives.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Self-starter who can prioritize between multiple projects and programs to drive progress in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment.
The Flex product is central to Twilio's vision to serve the developer community. It is the contact center platform of the future, enabling customers to have a fully customizable contact center solution. Flex is Twilio’s flagship application product built on top of Twilio’s communication primitives. We serve both enterprise customers, partners and the developers that work to customize their Flex solution.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be attached to our Denver hub. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: 120,832 - 151,040
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks