Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is the world’s leading customer engagement platform empowering developers to build modern communication applications and experiences. We send over 3 billion emails on behalf of our customers on a daily basis. The Infrastructure Engineering teams are building a world-class platform for Twilio’s developers and production systems. We seek an inspired and technical individual to join our infrastructure leadership team. The successful candidate will lead the network engineering team who design, implement and manage Twilio’s mission critical global networks and support the expansion of our datacenter footprint into the EU.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading infrastructure teams and delivering mission critical projects in a high growth environment. They also have:
- 3+ years experience in managing high performing infrastructure teams in large enterprises.
- A passion for automation and DevOps--blending operational excellence with development best practices.
- A technical background with a keen interest in understanding the work of their team.
- An influential communicator with a history of attracting others towards the best solution to complex problems.
- An inspiring leader who is able to clearly articulate their vision for providing platform services focused on high scale solutions.
- An accomplished practitioner in the field with a solid foundation in data center management best practices and DCIM automation.
- Highly collaborative people manager who measures their success based on the success of those around them.
- A track record for ensuring their team is able to consistently execute multidimensional projects in a dynamic technical environment.
- Creates an environment that attracts highly skilled engineers and motivates them to do their best work.
As an infrastructure software engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You’ll be managing infrastructure and systems alongside teams in North America and Ireland. Written communication and instructions are key for consistency and efficiency.
- DON’T SETTLE: Strive for excellence in your work, going above and beyond the minimum requirements to build high-quality tools and services for our customers.
- BE AN OWNER: Take pride in your and your team’s work and build systems that are maintainable in the future with minimal tech debt.
- EMPOWER OTHERS and BE INCLUSIVE: A great teammate that strives to hear all perspectives and ideas. Seek to help others grow in their knowledge and experience.
The Network Engineering team is central to Twilio's multi-cloud and data center services. Due to our success and continued growth, we are now expanding this team in line with peer teams managing the data center services. In addition to the design, implementation and management of existing and new networks we are investing in the ecosystem of tools to help further automate and manage this world class networking environment. In order to maintain our leadership position in the customer engagement space we must continue to create innovative services that support our developers and allow them to confidently deploy code to best for purpose environments. You will partner with some of the brightest minds in the industry to push the boundaries of web-scale service delivery.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street Suite 500 Denver, CO 80202 or Remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Salary Range: $146,240 - $201,080
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $127,960- $175,945
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks