Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Manager, HR Business Partner to partner with our Go To Market (GTM) function , specifically, the Services organization within Asia Pacific & Japan. In this role, you will align business objectives with people strategies, programs, processes and tactics across the applicable functions and geographies. You will coach and partner with employees at all levels, ensuring an exceptional experience through the entire employee lifecycle. You will be an integral part of a growing regional HRBP team, reporting to the HRBP Director, APJ and partnering closely with global/ functional HRBPs and with COEs across the People team. You will also be a member of the Singapore hub council, and an integral part of a growing global HRBP team.
Twilio is looking for a practical, solution oriented Senior Manager, HRBP with a demonstrated track record of building programs, processes and policies and who lives the Twilio Magic.They also have:
- 7+ years as an HRBP or related discipline in a high-growth, fast paced global environment
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including people operations, workforce planning, employee relations, performance management, talent development, compensation, diversity and inclusion and local employment laws within APJ countries (Singapore, India, Japan, Australia, Hongkong)
- Ability to operate independently, whilst leveraging internal support teams as well as being able to partner with peers across multiple geographies
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and coaching skills with a proven ability to develop trusting relationships and influence at all levels within the organization to achieve business results.
- A hunger for learning and problem solving with a mindset that opportunities to do so are greater in a complex, ambiguous, fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
As a Senior Manager, HRBP, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Work closely with your business leaders to understand (and eventually contribute to) each team’s current state and desired future state, gaps and priorities needed to achieve business goals. Ensure all you do aligns with the Twilio culture, making for an overall great employee experience.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Build effective working relationships with Centres of Excellence teams and HRBP teams globally, leveraging their support to execute on HR strategy and operations to build cohesive people programs to staff, onboard, develop, motivate, and retain Twilions. Provide guidance and input on workforce planning and succession planning.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES : Serve as a change agent, informed by trending and anticipated people analytics, intimate expertise about your internal customers’ needs and external market intelligence.
- DON’T SETTLE: Be a champion of Twilio’s culture, values and employee experience by identifying and executing on people programs that empower Twilions to innovate, scale, and grow
- DRAW THE OWL: Provide thought leadership and coaching to managers and leaders regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution.. Analyze trends, issues and metrics in partnership with the People Team to build and/or improve processes and support systems in partnership with Centres of Excellence to ensure a positive regional employee experience and engaged workforce
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. This is the time to join Twilio as an HRBP. Twilio’s repeated and growing success presents a massive near and long-term business opportunity, directly feeding our retentive culture and investments in our people. Our leaders understand the value of HRBPs, giving you a reserved seat at the table with the ability to make an immediate impact. We’re adding resources to a previously lean HRBP and People team providing you the opportunity to help shape our practices and norms and influence policies, workflows, initiatives and priorities org-wide. We’re building out our People COEs enabling HRBPs to strike the right balance between strategy and tactics. There is no shortage of opportunity to make an impact whether you’re motivated by building from scratch and/or iterating to scale. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Singapore office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.