Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Staff Accountant to be a key contributor on our India Accounting team. Reporting to the Accounting Manager in India, this position will ensure our fixed assets, prepayments, accruals, OPEX and other GL transactions are complete and accurate. It will also be a crucial role in ensuring that the company is compliant in regulatory filings and returns to the authorities. He/She will partner internally with the Tax, AP & Accounting teams to understand what improvements can be made to our processes and anticipate accounting impacts. We are looking for an individual excited to bring their passion for process improvement to a collaborative team-based working environment in a fast-growing company.
Twilio is looking for self-starter who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment and making an impact.
You will be successful if you have the following:
- 4+ years experience working in a finance function preferably at a fast growing Technology company.
- Strong experience of month-end close processes, operational and accounting procedures.
- Good knowledge of Indian & US GAAP
- Experience with TDS/ Withholding tax, compliance and regulatory filing
- Ability to prioritize and work proactively and independently to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Team player with strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Preferably qualified or studying towards a professional accounting qualification
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with Oracle ERP preferred.
As a Staff Accountant, you will live the Twilio Magic values while owning the GL function of current acquired International entities including India. You will also be heavily involved in the integration of newly acquired companies often working independently as well as part of a team. This includes liaising with previous accounting functions, outsourced providers and other administrative departments to get a true picture of the accounting requirements both present and future.
As a Staff Accountant, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Perform monthly tasks related to month end close and reporting to management. Have accountability for your entities through continuous and organised communication with the stakeholders.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document business procedures as processes evolve across the international entities, and provide analytical review of their operations.
- DON’T SETTLE: Identify and assist in facilitating process improvements to increase internal efficiencies that facilitate a fast growing and scaling company.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Assist management with projects related to systems and process improvements while meeting deadlines in a high volume and fast paced environment.
The international staff accountant will be central to Twilio’s continued growth. This role will have the opportunity to help build an India Accounting function from the ground up, and will have exposure to cross functional leaders at Twilio as we continue to build Twilio’s India Accounting function.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Bengalore office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.