Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. Twilio’s Super Network simplifies, strengthens and unites carrier communication networks using software. We are looking for a hardworking and passionate Software Engineer who is excited about the opportunity to join the Super Network Monitoring team based in Tallinn, Estonia, to solve some of the hardest engineering problems at Twilio. The team is building scalable solutions that provide insights into the performance of our telecom partners and is tasked with ensuring the resiliency of the entire Super Network.
Twilio is looking for a Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 3+ years of software development experience in Java or Scala.
- Experience in at least one of the cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Proficiency in building and running resilient and scalable back-end services in a production environment.
- Interest in data streaming and analytics technologies like Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, Flink, KSQL, Elasticsearch or others.
- Passion about code quality and software development best practices. Has the desire to ship code using continuous integration, continuous delivery and test automation.
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE INCLUSIVE, EMPOWER OTHERS: Work in a small, high-impact, hardworking engineering team.
- DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with your Tech Lead and other Software Engineers to tackle complex problems in distributed computing.
- BE AN OWNER:
- Build, deploy and operate your team's services in a production environment in the DevOps model
- Ensure quality by writing unit, integration, and load tests.
- DON’T SETTLE, RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Apply Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to the customers.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications.
Twilio's Super Network team is responsible for providing and managing the telco connectivity and services that power the Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. We do this by ensuring the network remains healthy, provides the coverage and capabilities customers require and operates in a cost-efficient manner.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn, though considering the world’s current circumstances you will start from your home office.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.