Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced Employee Relations Consultant for our team collaborating with Employment Counsel, HR Business Partners and Leadership to create an inclusive, safe and productive workspace for all Twilions. Reporting into the Director, Global Employee Relations, this is an individual contributor role that will help build and grow the Company’s ER footprint in the APJ region.
Twilio is looking for someone with deep and broad level knowledge and expertise in employee relations:
- 5+ years of employee relations, employment legal, or investigations.
- Experience independently conducting investigations of misconduct, including violations of law and company policy.
- Ability to demonstrate consultation and influencing skills at all levels and experience with high-level collaboration and teamwork
- Experience creating and delivering impactful solutions and training focused on how to handle employee relations issues, investigations, reorgs and performance management.
- Previous experience working with legal counsel to develop and align with HR policies and procedures as well as federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Equipped with great judgment, tact, discretion, and professionalism, especially when it comes to confidential documents and communications
- Ability to be impartial, exhibit extreme fairness and assess each situation through this lens. Excellent judgment and a high bar for integrity
As a Employee Relations Consultant, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER:: Partner, advise and influence the management team, through VP-level, on a range of employee relations issues including; performance management, investigations, terminations, harassment, discrimination, employee/customer complaints, labor relations, and other policy related issues.people management and leadership. Conduct prompt and thorough investigations into sensitive employee relations issues, and make objective recommendations based on findings. This includes: conducting investigatory interviews, collecting/reviewing relevant evidence, writing investigation reports, and delivering debriefs with relevant stakeholders.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Use data to identify employee relations trends and to diagnose organizational effectiveness and proactively develop the training and process improvements for prevention.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Adhere to globally consistent standards and protocols for investigations, performance management and reorganizations to enable fair, equitable systems, policies, and practices. Create reports of investigative findings and document guidance and best practices.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES & BE INCLUSIVE: Make impartial recommendations to resolve employee concerns that promote a fair and inclusive workplace. Identify appropriate/effective resolutions to minimize legal exposure. Follow & improve standardized procedures for investigations to ensure legal compliance as well as fair and efficient resolution of all Employee Relations matters.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE & NO SHENANIGANS: Manage multiple cases simultaneously while prioritizing the most urgent needs on a variety of employment matters. Make recommendations to resolve issues in accordance with applicable laws and Company policies, practices and procedures.
The Employee Relations team is central to Twilio's continued growth and engagement of our talent. Your unique skill set and experiences are critical to help support the culture of inclusion and trust we have cultivated.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Singapore or Bengaluru office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has redefined communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.