Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Manager Investor Relations to join a best in class investor relations function. The person in this role will need to have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and work with senior leadership and employees across the organization to professionally and consistently communicate Twilio’s strategy, growth opportunity and results to the global investment community.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of success in Investor Relations. They also have:
- 5+ years experience of in-house corporate investor relations, finance, or similar positions for a publicly traded company, investment banking or equity research.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and proven track record of building relationships with the investment community.
- A collaborative mindset to build strong internal networks with a willingness to work with others across the company to address challenges.
- A drive to proactively learn the business, and the agility to change direction as needed in a fast-paced, high growth environment with a focus on driving an outcome to support the company’s strategy.
- Cross-functional experience working with senior executives, finance, accounting, legal, public relations and others.
- BA/BS degree in finance, economics, accounting or equivalent experience required
As the Senior Investor Relations Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Evaluate multiple opportunities for projects, events, etc. and determine which will drive the best outcome for the company.
- DRAW THE OWL: Continuously explore ways in which the Investor Relations function can deliver differentiated experiences for the investment community.
- BE AN OWNER: As a small team in a fast-paced environment, this person will need to take initiative to take on projects like earnings, filings, acquisitions and more and drive consistent and trusted communications to the investment community.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Credibility is everything in this role, so this person will need to be a trusted partner to internal and external constituents. Promote a full and fair valuation for the company through effective narrative development and disclosure review for 10Ks, 10Qs, 8Ks, earnings releases, roadshows, and investor conferences and presentations. Assist in managing the earnings process including cross-functional review meetings, outreach to the business to gather themes, development of materials such as earnings releases, scripts, presentations, Q&A and supporting documents, and C-Suite preparation. Maintain strong company and sector expertise and provide insights to the company based on the information gathered.
The Investor Relations team is key to telling Twilio's growth story and opportunity. We work closely with senior leadership, legal, finance, PR and product teams to build a compelling narrative that assists the investment community in understanding our large and growing opportunity and our strategy for addressing the market. This role will report to the Vice President of Investor Relations and Treasury, and will play a critical role in developing messaging for earnings, M&A transactions, analyst days and other external events.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be flexible on location, including remote work. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Tier 4 base salary range: $120,832.00 to $166,144.00
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $105,728.00 to $145,736.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks