Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio Flex is growing rapidly and is looking for an accomplished dynamic Director, Technical Delivery to be an operational leader within the Flex Business Operations Team. You will grow and nurture a team focused on Tech Ops, DevOps and Scrum to drive execution that ensures we deliver the highest value in the shortest most reasonable timeframes. Your primary responsibilities will be to hire an outstanding team, mentor through regular feedback, and lead the team to consistently set the bar high. You will bring a palpable passion for Agile software development and program management, first class DevOps practices, fostering a culture of collaboration, and value delivery. Your mindset is value delivery first. You demand ownership, accountability and set a high bar.
Twilio is looking for a Director, Technical Delivery who has/is:
- 10+ years in technical operations, programs, quality initiatives for enterprise software
- 8+ years of Agile, Scrum and Kanban experience
- 8+ years of experience as a people manager, including experience managing Scrum Masters (ideally also experience managing Agile Release Train Engineers [RTEs]), as well as building and leading geographically diverse teams
- Held leadership roles in Tech Ops; has familiarity with traditional project and program management methodologies, software development and best-in-class DevOp practices.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to give direct and empathetic feedback and coaching
- A leader with vision on technical operations principles and practices, customer and quality first mentality, and a programmatic, pragmatic approach to evolutionary changes.
- An authentic and empathetic leader, who has a consistent track record of dedication to the growth and success of the people you lead
As a Director, Technical Delivery, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Enthusiastically coach the team to hone their craft, invest in professional development, and provide regular and timely critique of operational practices.
- DRAW THE OWL: Assess existing processes, identify problem areas, and drive solutions to constantly increase efficiency, productivity, and quality in a measurable way.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Encourage the sharing of new techniques and tools, showcase best-of-breed practices in the market.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Drive a culture of 360 feedback with regular, frequent, constructive and direct feedback that helps the team and its stakeholders excel at their job.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Consistently raise the bar, and drive a culture of aggressive but achievable expectations management.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Collaborate with Engineering and Product leaders to ensure alignment on practices and expectations of value delivery.
The Flex product is central to Twilio’s vision to serve the developer community. It is the contact center platform of the future, enabling customers to have a fully customizable contact center solution. Flex is Twilio’s flagship application product built on top of Twilio’s communication primitives. We serve both enterprise customers, partners and the developers that work to customize their Flex solution.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $160,896 - $201,120
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $150,840 - $188,550
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks