Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a hardworking and technical individual to join our Commons Platform team. Commons Platform is part of the broader Twilio Technology Platform organization responsible for providing a platform used by Twilio product engineering teams to build global-scale communications services. This position reports to the GM of Commons Platform and is responsible for driving the Platform Transactional Data Services vision and strategy aimed at providing a set of easy to use, scalable and curated data services to power current and future generations of Twilio products. If you are a strong product problem solver with a passion for cloud data storage, developer platforms and the cloud communications space, then this role will be a good fit for you.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional individual who lives Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in conceiving and delivering technical products. They also have:
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager in a fast-paced company focused on delivering software products
- Strong technical acumen – you can communicate effectively with engineers, architects partners, program leads and software vendors.
- Deep understanding of and experience with globally-operated Cloud Services and Platforms
- Experience either developing or using developer oriented data services
- Demonstrated experience building developer facing products and services
- Expertise with quantifying business needs and developing critical metrics.
- Collaborative attitude and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate both your point of view and that of your customers and partners.
- Strong communicator fluent in written and verbal English.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
The Twilio platform organization's mission is to build and operate the platform foundation used by Twilio product engineering teams to build our global-scale communications services.
As a Principal Product Manager on the Platform Engineering team, you will be expected to live the Twilio Magic and:
BE AN OWNER
- Own and execute the roadmap for your products–communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum teams– assist team in planning and execution of sprints, epic and story backlog refinement, and related operating mechanisms.
WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES
- Seek out and gather our engineers’ needs–translate and synthesize them into meaningful products/product requirements.
- Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing immediate/tangible value to engineers–learn and adjust frequently.
- Manage project plans for on-time development and release–ensure that engineering is working on the right things at the right time.
DRAW THE OWL
- Accelerate learning on new products by running workshops, developer previews or betas to gather developer feedback and build a strong perspective on product priorities.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects.
WRITE IT DOWN
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Create detailed product specifications to illustrate product functionality including business rules, flows and use cases.
The Twilio Platform organization empowers every Twilio developer to be their best at Twilio. Our team of hardworking Product Managers owns the vision and strategy that delivers value to our Twilio engineers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We are looking to fill this position as a San Francisco employee in the United States. However, we will consider all highly qualified applicants in the US and the EU. What you get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks