Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and looking for an experienced Head of Business Operations to join our fast growing global team. In this position, you will define, lead and manage the operating cadence of the team including team-wide and company-wide meetings, such as Operating Reviews, quarterly business reviews with key partners.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record of leading strategic business operations. They will also have:
- Previous experience in a job with ample executive exposure as a functional leader, a founder of their own company, or time on a strategy team
- Naturally analytical approach; the candidate gravitates toward a spreadsheet rather than a slide deck
- Experience in a highly cross functional role and can clearly describe and work within the organizational dynamics of a fast-growth company
- Ability to execute with conviction and good judgment with limited guidance; needs minimal direction in an ambiguous context to take action and then adapt quickly
- Experience in management consulting is an asset, provided it is coupled with real operating experience
As the Head of Business Operations, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Implement team-wide processes to drive alignment with our mission, strategy, and values
- BE AN OWNER: Own the team’s quarterly and annual planning processes, running them across the team and company while also continuously evolving their designs to match the needs of the business
- BE BOLD: Coordinate our biweekly and monthly executive team meetings, cross-functional operating meetings, and other meetings/programs that facilitate swift and effective issue resolution across the company
- DRAW THE OWL: Partner with our finance organization to standardize and distribute the key operating metrics for the business; be a critical decision maker for determining “what matters”, and spotting instances where the data is signaling issues or opportunities for the company
- WRITE IT DOWN: Establish a consistent method for measuring the performance of our product operations teams and partner with those teams to drive process improvements that improve their critical metrics
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $146,240 - $201,080
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $137,100 - $188,512
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks