Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Visual Designer (Contract - 6 months) to join the Brand Experience team, which is a part of the Brand department in Twilio Marketing. The Brand Experience team charts the course for net-new programs at Twilio, focusing on high-impact magic moments that showcase the possibilities of building with Twilio. We are an ideas-led team that concepts, executes, and iterates experiences across channels and touchpoints to elevate the Twilio brand and inspire our customers.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 5+ years of conceptual design work with a high-level of execution in graphic design fundamentals - typography, hierarchy, form – as well as multimedia execution (illustration, photography, etc), and thorough exploration, ideation, and communication skills.
- 3+ years of strong project management skills designing for multiple concurrent projects and aggressive timelines, without compromise. Flexible enough to adjust to changing requirements, amend concepts, and get results.
- 3+ years of team experience partnering closely with creative peers and under senior designers or creative directors. You have experience collaborating and taking direction to make a shared vision come to life.
- 1-3+ years of experience in animation, video editing, coding, or other expanded skill sets useful in prototyping, exploration, mock-up generation, or demo building.
- A mindset of creative problem-solving. As plans change and new requirements arise (as they always do), you embrace the challenge with a fresh perspective.
- Strong writing and communication skills. To articulate a concept, respond to criticism or talk exhaustively about an idea to fully vet it - you have the ability and willingness to converse, explain, and engage in a dialog about your work.
As a Visual Designer (Contract - 6 months) on the Brand Experience team at Twilio, you’ll live the company’s values by:
- BE AN OWNER: by being self-sufficient and a visionary force that maintains the integrity of the brand. You will learn the Twilio brand and be an ambassador, driving toward creative solutions in partnership with your colleagues.
- DRAW THE OWL: No two experiences we create are ever exactly the same. We have no playbook; we are writing the playbook. You relish the challenge and see it as an open invitation to be as creative as possible.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOE’S to create the best experience for them. The most successful programs are the ones where we envision the experience from the perspective of our customers.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Since what Brand Experience does is by nature net-new, you will write the playbook for the new experiences we develop, and create a path to scale our most successful programs.
- BE BOLD: while fulfilling the business requirements. You’ll see problems as opportunities for creative solutions, and think big about what’s possible with our customer engagement platform.
- BE INCLUSIVE in both the way you work with others, and the way you develop experiences. At Twilio, we believe that a world-class brand expresses diversity, equity, and inclusion across every experience.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE and make sure the team’s finite resources are being spent on the most impactful initiatives. There will be times you have to make hard business decisions with proper justification.
- DON’T SETTLE. This isn’t in your vocabulary. It’s simply in your DNA to build the absolute best experience possible for our customers. There is no ‘good enough’.
The Brand Experience team is a small, but highly impactful team at Twilio. We are committed to the core brand ethos of a builder’s mentality, and believe that code is creative. With creative, engineering, product, and production working together, we build the end-to-end experiences that can help our customers imagine all that’s possible with Twilio’s customer engagement platform.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $36/hour - $49/hour
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $31/hour - $43/hour