Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer to join our Design Systems team. In this role, you will be empowered to create a best-in-class and inclusive-by-default UX platform that helps designers and engineers express and build sophisticated user experiences. Your work will involve defining and designing robust, easy-to-use, and reusable components, patterns, and flows. You’ll think platform-first, and prioritize high-quality communication and great documentation. You’ll be part of creating a UX platform to power the next generation of the Twilio customer engagement platform, used by internal Twilions and Twilio customers.
Twilio’s Design Systems team is looking for a Product Designer who lives the Twilio Magic and:
- Is comfortable designing user interfaces and components in a systematic, detail-oriented way, and ensures the coded implementations are consistent with designs.
- Is comfortable maintaining component and style libraries in Figma.
- Has a solid understanding of visual design, typography, color, and hierarchy.
- Has a strong interest in digital accessibility and eagerness to learn and apply WCAG 2.1 AA guidelines.
- Checks in with customers, developers, and designers about their experience with user interfaces, and applies learnings back to the system.
- Contributes candid feedback to design critiques, and collaborates with UX, Engineering, Brand, and Product to ensure a cohesive design language across the entire customer experience.
- Writes clear, concise documentation to align expectations, goals, and guidelines among cross-functional teams.
Our culture is highly collaborative, and you’ll be working closely with engineering, product management, and product designers, among others to create new user experiences and improve existing ones. As a Product Designer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Don’t Settle: The small details matter. You’ll create and maintain high-quality components and systems that are resilient and scalable so that all Twilions can deliver world-class customer experiences. You’ll constantly evaluate the barriers to entry and implementation challenges that our product teams face, and find ways to make them better.
- Be Inclusive: Advocate for the needs of each user (not the average user) and commit to UI and systems that are accessible and approachable by all.
- Wear the Customers’ Shoes and Empower Others: Empathize with stakeholder needs and equip them with the tools required to succeed. Our culture is highly collaborative, and you’ll be working closely with engineering, product design, and product management, among others, to create new user experiences and improve existing ones.
- No Shenanigans: Be curious, not judgmental. You will truly feel at home in this team if you approach your work with humility and curiosity, collaborate with fellow product designers and researchers, and are able to state your point of view with clarity.
- Be an Owner and Write It Down: Follow through on commitments, speak up when you see a problem, and offer to help when a team goal is a risk. You’ll write documentation to make the goals for your work clear, and to guide our product teams toward best practices.
The Design Systems team is a platform that serves internal and external customers by delivering tools and processes that enable great customer experiences. The team powers critical parts of Twilio’s current products and is responsible for designing the next generation of its user experiences.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is a remote role and can be performed from most locations across North America. If you prefer a physical office it can also be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. We’re very flexible and have a strong remote working culture.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.