Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where, and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and is seeking a highly motivated candidate with 2 years of paralegal/legal administrative and team support experience, preferably in a law firm setting or an in-house legal department, to join our growing legal team in Asia Pacific Japan.
Twilio is looking for a contributor who lives the Twilio Magic, has a willingness to learn and adapt to a rapidly changing environment. They also have:
- BS or BA degree, law degree or paralegal certification
- 2+ years of relevant experience working within a legal department, ideally with contract review/drafting experience in a technology company
- Attention to detail, excellent writing and communication skills and proficient with productivity tools
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and supporting internal client groups (e.g., sales, operations)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, being a quick study, and taking initiative are key, as is the ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive environment.
- You are a process master who helps educate, guide, and ensures that internal teams follow the internal contracting policies and processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple responsibilities at one time, while remaining extremely organized and efficient
- Experience using CRM and document management tools such as Salesforce, Apttus, DocuSign and JIRA
As a Paralegal, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN:
- Review and negotiate confidentiality agreements and other documents as appropriate
- Review and draft a variety of sales order form terms and collaborate with sales operations.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE:
- Monitor and manage incoming requests for legal support, assign requests and maintain the records of requests, cases and agreements to keep the information up-to-date
- EMPOWER OTHERS:
- Training and supporting sales on contracting processes and policies to ensure consistent application and familiarity
- Develop new and update existing contracts process and training materials
- Support and contribute to improvements to contract systems and tools
- BE AN OWNER
- Provide general administrative support to the Commercial Legal Team
Twilio’s legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical and sound legal advice. Your unique skill-set and experience are critical to help support our thriving and growing business and reinforce the trust and partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is based in Singapore. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. You will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
About us :
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.