Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join the global Flex Support Team, supporting our customers’ use of the platform, and help customers get the best experience from Twilio’s products. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners, and operate as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s API products.
This role reports to a Manager, Technical Support and will be based in our new Bengaluru office. This position requires working in a shift. The current shift timings for shift based roles supporting our APAC/ EMEA customers is 0630-1530 IST or 1300-2200 IST. This position also includes rostering. Rosters will be of a 5 day work week, and could include one or both weekend days. (Tue-Sat, Fri-Tue etc).
We seek developer-oriented Technical Support Engineers with:
- A good understanding of OOP is vital.
- Bonus skills:
- Serverless (Lambda) experience.
- Expertise with both native and mobile applications is a great bonus
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs and ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skills in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS. Bonus: Understanding of WebRTC would be a HUGE plus.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums.
A regular day in the life of a Flex Technical Support Engineer involves troubleshooting coding and integration issues for our customers to help them get the most out of their Twilio experience.
As a Flex Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Use your strong technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
- RUTHLESS PRIORITIZE: Leverage your experience with troubleshooting and resolving Quality of Service (QoS) issues.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Review internal knowledge to stay current on industry shifts and standards.
- BE AN OWNER: Assist your manager in process improvements by surfacing customer pain points to assist in process improvement.
- DON'T SETTLE: We are there when our customers need us, 24/7, and this position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend (Shifts are subject to change based on evolving team and customer needs). This position will also require supporting our customers on holidays to ensure that our customer’s needs are met
The support team is vital to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with engineering and product to ensure that Account Security and other Twilio products are effectively supporting our customers’ businesses.
Twilio’s platform empowers the world’s developers with tools for building cutting-edge communications applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is essential in ensuring their success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in time dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position can be based out of our RMZ World office along Outer Ring Road in Bangalore. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.