Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a Manager, Product Operations to oversee our Product Operations team for our Phone Numbers product. This role will lead the operations team whose primary responsibilities include helping our customers onboard phone numbers to Twilio's platform, porting phone numbers from other carriers to Twilio’s network, and working closely with Twilio’s sales team and our customers to sell and provision short codes and pre-register alphanumeric Sender IDs efficiently and effectively. This role will partner with other operations, product and engineering teams, as well as sales and support to ensure our customers are successful and our operations are efficient. The Product Operations team is a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
Twilio is seeking a Manager, Product Operations to lead the team that runs Twilio’s phone number operations.
- You have a minimum of 1 years of experience leading a team as a manager or team lead and a minimum of 2 years experience working in operations for a technology company.
- You are an expert of operations, and you have a history of defining and driving operational metrics and process improvements. You’re comfortable reporting these metrics out to BU or company leadership.
- You’re empathetic and customer centric to the core, and you’re comfortable leading conversations with Director-level stakeholders for Twilio customers.
- You’re skilled in planning a team’s workload to support business priorities and deliver customer satisfaction.
- You have advanced knowledge and ability with business intelligence tools, and you have demonstrated the ability to make quick decisions with limited data. You can communicate at an expert level through data, graphs, and visuals
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- You are calm under pressure as you respond to escalations and work with your team to quickly troubleshoot incidents.
- You have expert-level expertise with respect to relevant technology and the telecom industry.
- You’re a strategic thinker who can plan and execute on a months long time horizon
As a Manager, Product Operations, you will:
EMPOWER OTHERS: Manage a team full of tech- and process-savvy people who love to build seamless operations that benefit our customers. You’ll provide specific, timely feedback to your team of operations experts.
DON’T SETTLE: Drive process efficiencies to reduce the amount of requests per operations dollar while meeting customer satisfaction targets. You’ll design operational dashboards to determine the health of our operations; report out on these dashboards to internal stakeholders.
WRITE IT DOWN: Report out on the health of your team’s operations weekly and participate in quarterly business reviews for Twilio’s Executive Team. Additionally, you’ll lead post-mortem processes and customer-facing RFOs.
BE AN OWNER: Partner with Customer Success, Sales, Engineering and Product teams to resolve complex problems for customers. You’ll also participate in operational meetings with your counterparts at our carrier partners to resolve ongoing issues and to proactively prevent future issues.
RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Manage your team through highly complex and impactful projects, including estimation, prioritization, and delivery. Set priorities for your team and work toward executing on priorities set for your team on time and within budget.
On the Product Operations team, our primary goal is operating efficiently to ensure our customers have access to purchase and port phone numbers around the globe. We are focused on operational efficiency to deliver an excellent customer experience. We are a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Tallinn office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.