Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking an operations engineer to help us conduct internal phone number migrations globally. This role will join the team whose primary responsibilities include managing and optimizing our worldwide phone number inventory. Your focus will be orchestrating mass number migrations between Twilio’s carrier partners, ensuring Twilio customers experience minimal downtime during the process, and tracking the migrations to ensure timely progress. The Inventory Operations team is a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
As an Inventory Operations Engineer II,
- You are a tech- and process-savvy person who loves to build seamless operations that benefit our customers.
- You’re empathetic and love working with customers to solve their problems. You know how to use data (including intermediate SQL) to make metrics-driven decisions.
- You love learning new technology, and you have experience configuring and operating various systems and software tools.
- You're thorough, organized, and process-oriented to the extreme, and you’re able to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You have 3+ years experience working on an operations team.
As an Inventory Operations Engineer II, you will live the Twilio Magic values as follows:
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Conduct mass scale internal carrier migrations while minimizing impact to customers. Ensure that all possible options to mitigate and communicate risks associated with number portability are taken. Tracks progress proactively and provides appropriate updates to internal stakeholders and customers on migrations.
- Be Bold: Work closely with internal stakeholders and carrier partners to coordinate porting activity and communicate progress. Perform intermediate troubleshooting of technical issues in related areas and works cross-functionally to complete complex, time-sensitive projects.
- Empower Others: Serve as a domain expert on all things related to phone numbers; ally with the Sales and Support teams to serve our customers in navigating complex questions and projects.
- Draw the Owl: Compose detailed internal porting documentation for new countries and number types Participate in designing and implementing complex carrier migrations.
- Write it Down: Communicate at an intermediate level through data, graphs, and visuals. Collaborate with Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams to troubleshoot technical problems.
On the Inventory Operations team, our primary goal is operating efficiently to optimize our phone number inventory around the globe. We are focused on operational efficiency to deliver an excellent customer experience. We want to ensure our customers have access to the highest quality phone numbers possible. Additionally, we want to optimize our operations and processes for cost.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Tallinn, Estonia office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.