Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Director of Internal Communications to help build an outstanding internal communications function and scale it to one of the hottest hyper growth companies in tech. This role sits on the Corporate Communications team and reports to the Sr. Director of Internal Communications. This individual will become the right hand for the department's team leader, working directly with C-suite executives on the company’s most high visibility corporate programs. The right person for this role could become a successor to the current internal communications leader.
Twilio seeks an experienced internal communicator with the following skill sets:
- 10+ years of internal and/or executive communications experience. Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing, or otherwise writing-intensive field
- Outstanding leadership skills. Someone who takes the initiative, making hard decisions, and being accountable.
- Strong interpersonal and managerial skills. Someone who takes managing people to heart, coaching them to reach their development goals and setting them up for success.
- Flexible and able to roll with the punches in a high-pressure, dynamic environment. Additionally, the ability to think at scale as our fast-growing company plans for a future of 10,000+ employees
- Strategic while also unafraid to roll up their sleeves - a total doer.
- Excellent writing skills are a must, including high-quality, thoughtful executive communications, ghost writing, and crisp critical messaging.
- Outstanding partner management. The ability to be persuasive, collaborative, and accommodating -- yet firm -- with all partners, including C-suite execs. Confidence with mentoring executives and expressing a point of view, while also being able to “disagree and commit.”
- Empathy, kindness, and the ability to understand the unique Twilion audience
The person who fills this role will play a crucial part in connecting Twilions to our company’s mission, vision, and priorities, using the voice of our shared company culture -- something we call the Twilio Magic:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Develop plans and messaging for critical company initiatives, such as Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, M&A, and HR programs.
- BE AN OWNER: Plan, draft messaging, and execute on company announcements, such as organizational changes and crises. Draft sophisticated, thoughtful C-level executive communications, i.e. emails, video scripts, and presentations. Manage agency, vendor, and contractor resources and budgets.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Partner with the internal communications team leader on annual priority setting and develop a global, strategic internal communications plan.
- BE BOLD & WRITE IT DOWN: Help build an internal communications function that can scale to meet our company’s present and future needs with new programs, such as self service tool kits and an internal communications business partner model to support regions, functions, and business units.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Partner and collaborate closely with stakeholders across the company to deliver strategic, thoughtful communications to Twilions that support our growing business.
In the last two years, Twilio has nearly tripled its employee population to 5,000+ employees in 26 offices across 17 countries. We are building a global internal communications function that can scale to support Twilions and our leaders, not just for today, but for the not-so-distant future as our company grows to 10,000+ employees. It’s incredibly interesting and exciting work - a rare opportunity to grow and lead at one of the most exciting companies in tech!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will start out fully remote, as Twilio’s offices are temporarily closed due to COVID-19. After that time, the position will be Twilio’s HQ at 101 Spear Street in San Francisco. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.