Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Lead in the Flex Business Unit. As a technical lead, you will lead our developers in the design and implementation phases of cloud-based distributed systems to build the next generation multi-channel asynchronous messaging platform for Flex.. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to influence and implement architectural solutions that will enable us to achieve our goal of being the world’s most trusted communication platform. Not only will you be responsible for tackling some of the most complex and exciting technical problems in the industry, you will also be working across the product scope based on priority need and work directly with others to provide advice and guidance on implementation approach, lead cross-team technical discussions, build relationships across architecture and engineering that help resolve bottlenecks and provide the best production solution.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record designing and implementing high scalable software services. They also have:
- 7+ years experience in designing and building and operating high-scale, mission critical cloud based production systems .
- Knowledge of architectural patterns and archetypes for building mature services, especially for distributed and multi-regional.
- Excellent abilities in high level service design -- modeling interfaces and internals in a properly modular, composable, and extensible ways.
- Good working knowledge with cloud service providers and highly distributed systems.
- Extensive experience with REST API design and implementation
- Deep understanding and hands on experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As a Technical Lead (L5) you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with other team members, including our Product team, to help influence, own, and improve our product offering
- DRAW THE OWL: Influence teams to continuously be improving while supporting progressive ways to solve problems; adopt new technologies and strategies where applicable.
- BE BOLD: Drive architecture and building systems for multiple orders of magnitude of growth. Every big idea starts small: open up boundaries and keep raising the bar as solving small problems can bring big results. Never settle and keep pushing yourself and the teams forward.
- DON’T SETTLE: Drive quality by writing unit tests, functional tests, and performance tests in a continuous delivery environment. Always look for the next opportunity for Twilio to improve our quality, reliability and security to continuously earn our customers trust.
- BE AN OWNER: Support production operations, building, releasing and assisting with team on-call. Teams will be small and empowered so that you can move fast and ship to production multiple times in a 2 week sprint
- WRITE IT DOWN: Evaluate opportunities, risk and technical strategies and provide key findings to internal partners.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute and payments.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$146,240.00 - $182,800.00
Rest of Colorado:
$127,960.00 - $159,950.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks