Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and is looking for a talented, passionate and curious Software Engineer to be a key person in extending Twilio’s anomaly detection platform to next milestones! This person will join a team that builds the anomaly detection platform that will power Twilio’s voice and messaging traffic quality. This position is critical in supporting Twilio’s International expansion and will build a platform that provides leverage to Twilio’s product and engineering teams!
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has experience with web technologies.
- An interest in building UIs with modern tools like ES6, React, Redux, Ant design, and Webpack
- Strong opinions on what makes a good API, and some experience building them in a language like Node, Python.
- Experience with unit and test integration frameworks and tools
- Experience operating production services in the DevOps model
- The ability to communicate well in person, on paper, or in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, fellow engineers, and support
As a software development engineer in Supernetwork, you will:
- Be Inclusive & Empower Others: Work with designers, product managers, and other engineers to distill internal and customer needs into requirements and tech specs
- Draw The Owl: Drive high engineering standards on the team through code review, automated testing, and mentoring. We care what our code looks like, and you should too
- No Shenanigans: Great technical leaders use good judgment. They are intellectually honest, transparent, and work together with others.
- Wear The Customer’s Shoes: Your team will build a platform consumed by many internal product teams. You will improve the internal developer experience by understanding how your peers build and operate web applications
- Write It Down: Your team as well as the users of your platform will be globally distributed. You will collaborate effectively asynchronously through clear, structured documents
Twilio is a fast growing company, rapidly expanding the breadth of our product offerings and the geographies we serve. The Supernetwork Health team is responsible for anomaly detection and automatic mitigation of route alerts at Twilio. We work closely with a broad set of internal stakeholders to ensure voice and messaging traffic stability. Our work has a significant impact on the trajectory of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Tallinn office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.