Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking an exceptional manager for our US-based security operations team. You will lead a team charged with leading security incident response Twilio-wide, in partnership with the EU incident response team, as well as building and maintaining our monitoring, detecting, and alerting capabilities. You should have experience handling technical incident response, preparing executive-facing incident briefs and reports, tracking operational metrics, and building detection automation. In collaboration with our EU-based incident response team, you will create and drive the roadmap to ensure these functions are effective at scale.
Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of success both as a member and leader of security operations teams. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in the Information Security field, with at least 2 years as a manager.
- Deep experience leading incident response.
- Expertise in detection engineering and a vision to uplevel our detection, monitoring, and alerting automation.
- In-depth experience with Amazon Web Services, Security Information and Event Management solutions, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Web Application Firewalls, and cloud automation and management tools.
- Ability to coach and mentor team members, while remaining ready to take the lead on major incidents.
- Understanding of effectively conducting post-incident analysis and documentation to improve detection and response capabilities.
As a Security Operations Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: This role will have many competing priorities. You must be adept at identifying what is critical and willing to not pursue initiatives that fall below the line.
- BE AN OWNER: Champion mature security practice across the company and lead during challenging events.
- DRAW THE OWL: Leverage your information security expertise and knowledge to improve security operations for a dynamic, complex organization.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Understand that customer trust is our number one priority and gracefully managing security incidents is an important piece of that.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Build a strong team that can manage stressful situations to closure.
The Cybersecurity Operations team is an essential element of Twilio’s security organization. We ensure the company is ready to detect, respond, and recover from security incidents at a global scale. This work is vital to the company’s top priority of customer trust.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $146,240 - $182,800
Rest of Colorado:
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks