Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Compliance Specialist to ensure our customers abide by our global compliance efforts with a focus on Twilio’s Acceptable Use Policy and Messaging Policy. This highly visible and customer-facing role will be responsible for vetting, reviewing, and onboarding customers onto Twilio's platform. Responsibilities will include determining the validity of customer identification records, reviewing business platforms, and determining the accuracy of the information submitted. You will conduct research using Know Your Customer (“KYC”) philosophies and directly work with customers to assist and educate them on Twilio’s platform and policies.
The User Vetting team is part of the Global Compliance organization, which is part of Twilio’s Consumer Trust organization.
We are excited about candidates with the following traits:
- You are able to work: Tuesday through Saturday/8AM - 5PM or 9AM - 6PM
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations or similar discipline or equivalent job experience.
- You have 2+ years of relevant experience, preferably in an operations, compliance, risk management, or a trust and safety environment.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and operating with limited data.
- You are detail-oriented, and have exceptional researching and investigative skills with a knack for getting the answers you are looking for.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have the ability to make sound decisions in a fast paced environment.
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills and are comfortable working under pressure.
- You have demonstrated the ability to proactively identify process improvements that have a significant, positive, business impact.
- You have strong relationship building and collaboration skills.
- You are able to work with remote teams and across time zones to foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- You’re able to complete tasks in the core area within SLAs.
- You’re empathetic and customer centric to the core.
As a Compliance Specialist, you will
- Wear the Customer Shoes: You will complete KYC reviews in a timely manner, and provide support for common customer inquiries received by email to ensure customers have an excellent experience with Twilio.
- Draw the Owl: Assess the nature of customer issues and resolve basic-to-intermediate level problems.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Identify and communicate process improvements to enhance the productivity and effectiveness of the team.
- Be Bold: Be a visible subject-matter-expert with regard to user vetting tools and investigation processes, with a full command of known and developing fraud trends.
- Empower Others: Work in a team environment to build out the strategy and team focus around what the top priorities are for your team that roll up into the high-level company objectives.
- No shenanigans: Quickly and confidently triage complex issues via documented internal escalation paths.
- Be an Owner: Effectively respond to all basic and some advanced questions from customers (external and internal) in your core area.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally and every month, billions of voice and video calls are made and billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers and businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful and much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy and security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform and we’re able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilio’s customers remain compliant and have the most engaged and relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a product leader to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy and help take Twilio to the next level.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn, though considering the world’s current circumstances you will start from your home office in Estonia.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.