Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and is seeking a Product Marketing Director to join our Platform Product Marketing team. We believe in the power of developers to create memorable customer experiences, and we offer a platform to help them do that. You will lead pivotal initiatives to take Twilio into new markets and will work closely with product management as well as the broader marketing organization to tell that story across audiences, from developers to line-of-business owners, to C-level executives.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has proven experience marketing successful developer platforms. Regarding culture, we seek people who demonstrate our values, enjoy challenging problems, empower others to thrive, “draw the owl”, and adapt their playbook when necessary. They also have:
- 8+ years experience in product marketing, technical marketing, or product management
- 6+ years of experience working across product and organizational lines to craft a story that ties all the pieces together
- 4+ years of experience leading pivotal initiatives at a CRM or marketing automation company
- The ability to simplify without dumbing down—to take sophisticated developer-focused products and communicate their value to line-of-business owners and C-level execs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to present complex material to customers, press, and analysts in a compelling way
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As Product Marketing Director, your goal is to get businesses to adopt Twilio by showcasing the capabilities of our customer engagement platform to a new audience of line of business and C-level personas. Specific responsibilities include:
- Partner closely with Product Management to understand Twilio’s customer engagement strategy and develop top line customer narratives and compelling content.
- Develop strategies for establishing awareness of Twilio at the C-suite level while still staying true to our developer roots.
- Produce high quality scalable content, including presentations, FAQs, data sheets, webinars, and evaluation guides for use by the sales organization and partners.
- Partner with demand generation, campaign, and corporate marketing teams to ensure we are telling our platform story across all of our channels.
- Be a role model of best-in-class product marketing and mentor others members of the team without direct authority.
You will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Twilio is a fast-growing company and there is no rule book to follow for platform marketing. You will define what we do and how we do it, working to ensure we tell an integrated story that ties together our entire product portfolio.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: The platform marketing team works closely with teams across the company, including recent high-profile acquisitions. You will need to collaborate effectively to enable everyone to deliver their best work.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead our messaging and positioning for new markets beyond the communications platform.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Despite our rapid growth, you will still need to prioritize, focusing your team on the projects and outputs that have the most impact to Twilio and to our customers.
Twilio is more than just a collection of APIs, it’s a platform that enables developers to make every customer experience a memorable one and help organizations of any size to use data to better serve their customers. Building on our success with developers to tell that story to line-of-business owners as well as C-level executives, in the US as well as the rest of the world, is critical to the next stage of our growth. And Product Marketing is at the center of that.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.