Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. The Twilio Super Network simplifies, strengthens and unites carrier communication networks using software. We are looking for a passionate Full Stack Software Engineer who is excited at the opportunity to join a world-class Super Network Platform team based in Colombia to solve some of the hardest engineering problems at Twilio. This team, Super Network Interconnect, is tasked with scaling the management and provisioning of Twilio's interconnections with customers and carriers around the globe by building and maintaining APIs, instrumentation, and automation tools.
Twilio is looking for a Full Stack software engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record implementing scalable systems with the best UX. They also have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Java technologies.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with front end technologies, preferably with React.
- Passion about software development best practices.
- Basic knowledge of Linux-based systems and cloud computing technologies (AWS is a plus).
- Experience with agile processes, continuous integration, and test automation.
- Interest in or experience with communications, multi-user, and telephony systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of visual regression testing methodologies is a plus.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE INCLUSIVE, EMPOWER OTHERS: Work in a small, high-impact, multi-talented engineering team.
- DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with your Tech Lead and other Software Engineers to tackle complex problems in distributed computing. Build and operate your team's services in a distributed production environment in the DevOps model. Ensure quality by writing unit, integration, and load tests.
- DON’T SETTLE, RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Apply Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to the customers.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Balance the needs of internal developers against the broader needs of Twilio customers.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications.
Twilio's Super Network team is responsible for providing and managing the telco connectivity and services that power the Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. We do this by providing the tools ensuring the network remains healthy, provides the coverage and capabilities customers require, and operates in a cost-efficient manner.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bogotá. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.