Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a EMEA Carrier Relations Manager to manage messaging revenue/gross profit targets and partnerships with telecom carriers such that Twilio’s customers can reliably engage their users anywhere across EMEA. The EMEA Carrier Relations Manager is principally responsible for building world class carrier relationships, spearheading our EMEA supply strategy in target markets across EMEA, evangelizing our Messaging Exchange products, leading with data/analytics to address opportunities with carriers and improving gross profit/revenue metrics. This role will partner closely with product, sales, marketing, finance, legal and operations. Deliverables take the form of customer delight, product evangelism, new business development, gross profit/revenue maximization and analytical practices.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of:
- 8+ years in technology business development with a strong understanding of carrier, internet, exchange and mobile technologies.
- Proven ability to develop relationships with senior executives and evangelize product innovations.
- End-to-end strategic and operational planning for a global marketplace.
- Expert negotiation skills and the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence others internally and externally.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, evangelist and innovator who excels in a fast-paced environment with minimal mentorship.
- Fluency in both German and English is a prerequisite.
As an EMEA Carrier Relations Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze strategic markets and provide key findings to internal partners.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and qualify new inorganic growth ideas from internal and external sources and drive end-to-end execution of M&A.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of transactions, including strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution, and integration.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence, and negotiating agreement terms.
You will also be required to:
- Drive commercial, negotiation and relationship management best practices in all of our partnership activities.
- Remove barriers for customers to be successful, provide insights to improve customer business and evangelize products to maximize carrier satisfaction.
- Establish our supply strategy for key markets across EMEA and work cross functionally with sales and operations to realize this strategy.
- Drive innovation through owning difficult and unfamiliar problems, and being willing to roll up your sleeves and Draw the Owl in a highly dynamic, ambiguous environment.
- Be responsible for crafting and maintaining an inclusive and diverse environment through using the Twilio Magic.
This role is central to Twilio's continued growth and enabling our customers to engage with their users anywhere across EMEA. You will work closely with senior leadership and cross-functionally in a highly-visible role with significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and crafting your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in the Munich office or remotely in Germany. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.