Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Support Escalations is a newly formed team within Twilio's Support organization. This team ensures our customers get the most critical help they need from us at a meaningful time. The ideal Escalation Manager is an inventive and hardworking technical specialist with a positive outlook and strong desire to help customers succeed. This candidate must be equally adept at collaborating closely with internal teams to tackle complex technical issues for customers, along with handling technical, executive-level customer communications.
You excel at being the point person who can elevate our response to complicated and time-sensitive customer concerns and incidents. We are seeking an individual who exemplifies The Twilio Magic, and meets the following qualifications:
- 5+ years’ in enterprise technical support, professional services or similar customer facing roles. At least 2 years in a senior technical role.
- Strong can-do mentality with a willingness to embrace the critical and time-sensitive nature of issues and incidents.
- Work optimally with Front Line Support Engineers as well as participate in other cross-team engagements to expedite resolutions to hot issues.
- Strong business insight and executive presence; you have the ability to lead executive-level communications on critical or sensitive issues.
- Excellent customer service skills; possessing a high degree of logic, tact and persistence under pressure while maintaining a positive demeanor.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision and within a team.
- Highly motivated by challenges and passionate about conducting post mortems to identify process gaps and propose betterments.
- Willing to participate in an on-call rotation
- Experience supporting and building on Twilio products.
- Previous experience as an Escalation Engineer or Technical Account Manager
- Prior telecom (Carrier, SIP, PBX) or messaging platform experience.
A day in the life of an Escalation Manager involves driving the most visible and impactful issues to resolution to ensure the success of our customers on Twilio platform. When a critical escalation is handled appropriately, it instills trust and strengthens our relationship with our customers.
As an Escalation Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Handle top escalations and major outage events; working cross functionally and engage key partners to drive effective communication and create a resolution.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Participate in Support Escalation On-call rotation, responding and triaging critical escalations and partnering Support Managers to identify the “tiger team” and unblock customers.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Participate in regular incident review meetings, track and improve key metrics for incident quality and effectiveness, and identify areas for process improvements.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Partner with CSM, TAM and AE on post-mortem discussions with customers and act as their advocate to champion feedback and betterments to Product and Engineering.
- DRAW THE OWL: Develop and maintain unified escalation processes to reduce resolution time on business critical issues.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Provide technical and soft-skills mentoring to Support Engineers.
This role will be asked to cover Eastern Time Zone hours. We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves!
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$82,496 - $113,432
Rest of Colorado:
$72,184 - $99,253
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks