Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Manager to supervise one of Twilio's Customer Support teams. In this role, you’ll help us scale and grow to deliver an extraordinary customer experience for Twilio customers. We are looking for a people-person who’s passionate about delighting customers, mentoring and developing staff, and helping us improve processes and procedures. This role joins a fast-growing team of managers leading our Customer Support teams in Bogota. Reporting to the Director of LATAM Support Delivery, this position is essential in supporting Twilio's continuing growth initiatives.
Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic Values and is passionate about the customer experience and driving exceptional customer satisfaction results. You recognize that the only way to do that is to develop and coach your employees, to treat them the same way you would want them to treat your customers.
- Ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes and have demonstrated your dedication to the customer experience
- Experience being inclusive, while working with team members in different geographic locations and time zones
- Demonstrated ability to identify process and team improvements, innovation and “Drawing the Owl” to creatively solve problems and allow your team to operate at scale
- Proven documentation ability to “write it down” to create and curate internal and external documentation
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of customer-facing technical support engineers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
As a Technical Support Manager you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’s SHOES: Hands-on involvement resolving escalations via email, phone and chat, handling complex customer inquiries.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Set ambitious team and individual goals, lead to key success metrics like customer satisfaction and response time SLAs.
- DRAW THE OWL: Iterate and improve upon best-in-class customer service experiences, processes and policies. Maintain a mentality of continuous improvement, refining incident response time over phone, chat and email, improving the way the support team utilizes all support tools and features.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Create a scalable workflow for escalations and product tracking.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Support and maintain high morale among the team.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Oversee the day-to-day operations of a scaling customer support team(s); responsible for hiring, scheduling, formal training, informal coaching, career development and performance management.
We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Bogota office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers!