Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Manager, Security Trust & Assurance, to define and manage the path for Twilio’s Security Trust & Assurance initiatives. This role will be a critical foundational pillar for the Security Compliance, Trust and Assurance function and will play a key role in helping Twilio meet its existing and future compliance oversight and monitoring requirements. The Senior Manager, Security Trust & Assurance will report directly to the Director of Security Compliance, Trust & Assurance and will be responsible for working effectively with numerous cross-functional stakeholders across the company (Finance, IT, HR, Security, Product & Go-to-market groups etc.) to engage on all aspects of control and process design, testing, implementation, monitoring, project management, documentation and remediation activities as needed.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic with advanced and demonstrated people management experience working with ISO 27001, PCI DSS, GDPR, HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC2, FEDRAMP and other regulations or Compliance Frameworks. This role will manage all Security Trust & Assurance activities for Twilio and will work across the organization’s functions (Product Engineering, HR, IT, Sales performing internal audits, product assessments or other Assurance and monitoring activities to ensure control requirements are implemented and operating effectively in accordance with policies, standards and relevant regulations and frameworks. This role will also play a crucial role engaging with external parties, including auditors, customers and Go-to-market teams as needed.
They also have:
- 7+ years working experience within Data Security & Compliance and 5+ years of Security Audit Experience in a Management role for (PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA etc).
- Expert understanding and demonstrated execution of PCI DSS, ISO 27001, SOC, HIPAA, HITRUST & FEDRAMP Testing and audit procedures required.
- Successful demonstrated Internal Audit experience managing a global team.
- Expert understanding leading and executing Cybersecurity audits.
- Strong understanding and experience auditing a cloud environment (AWS).
- Practical understanding of IT Security Compliance, risk management and information security principles including access control, network security, information security architecture, information security operations, and leading practices and associated tools in a cloud environment (AWS).
- Strong Customer engagement skills; strong analytical, diagnostic, critical thinking and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to cater communication to a wide range of technical, clinical, and cultural backgrounds (including Customers and Senior Leadership).
- CISA, CISM, CISSP, CSA CCSK, ISC(2) CCSP or other Information Security related designation required.
As a Senior Manager, Security Trust & Assurance you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN:
- Develop and Manage an Internal risk-based prioritized Assurance (Audit) Roadmap for all applicable laws, regulations or monitoring activities
- You and your team will perform planned periodic assessments/audits and testing activities against all applicable Security controls, policies, standards etc.
- Communicate audit findings from assessments or audits to Senior Leadership, Executives and supporting teams
- Lead and support Security Enablement activities as needed.
- Develop metrics and reporting to demonstrate Security Trust & Assurance status and progress.
- Track and manage ongoing findings and related remediation.
- DRAW THE OWL
- Develop an industry recognized Security audit methodology
- Use automation to test controls and implement exception reporting
- Develop an automated testing strategy using recognized automated tools and techniques
- Develop a Cyber Security audit assurance program
- Develop a strategy to promote optimal Security Go-to-market Customer engagement and Sales enablement.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD:
- Manage a team that will engage effectively with Product Engineering and other organizational teams on audit engagements and assessments.
- Drive project activities to ensure requirements and schedules are met on time and within budget.
- Develop an ongoing Security assurance function that maintains oversight of Information Security Policies and standards.
- EMPOWER OTHERS:
- Build, motivate, mentor, challenge, inspire and grow a Security team.
- NO SHENANIGANS:
- Engage and collaborate very closely with the Security Compliance Engagement function on all related tasks and activities.
- Work very closely with many cross-functional teams to assist with understanding control gaps and integrating control requirements (HR, Finance, Legal, Product, others etc.)
- Provide ongoing guidance and consultation to the organization to promote a progressive and sustainable Security Trust & Assurance program.
- Assist with other Security Compliance, Trust and Assurance activities as required.
The Senior Manager, Security Trust & Assurance role is central to Twilio's continued desire to expand and establish a Trusted compliance posture across the organization. You will work closely with Senior Leadership, Product, Engineering and Got-to-market functions in a highly visible role with significant impact on the overall direction of the company. This role will directly impact new commercial opportunities for the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $140,267.00 to $192,933.33
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: to $122,733.00 to $168,816.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks