Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking an exceptional and passionate Data Focused Manager to join our Business Operations function. Business Operations serves as the quarterback that partners with Twilio senior leadership and business leaders to accelerate Twilio’s growth. We are looking for a strong data-oriented business generalist who can run rings around tough business problems, thrive at the intersection of business, data and technology, wield excellent analytical skills and build trust-based relationships as second nature.
The ideal candidate has strong business generalist experience with knowledge of or strong interest in data systems/architecture and analytics. 4yrs+ of total work experience. General management experience through a BizOps, management consulting, technology company, investment bank or private equity role. Additionally, strong data/analytics experience - through projects or as a data analyst, data scientist, database administrator, systems architect or Business Intelligence professional.
As part of this team, you are at the forefront of helping Twilio take its processes and data driven decision making to the next level. You will lead the build of Twilio’s next gen data and analytics capabilities. Working cross functionally with Finance, GTM, Engineering and Business Intelligence teams to drive fast-moving strategic data priorities, tackle design and operational challenges, and enable growth and innovation.
We are looking for a Business Operations Manager who lives the Twilio Magic with:
- A natural problem-solver and strategic thinker. You are comfortable with ambiguity and 80/20 thinking to quickly tease through complexity and bring structure to chaos. You effectively identify and articulate implications up and downstream, taking action or escalating as appropriate.
- 2yrs+ of experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, or technology company in a business generalist role or an MBA. Additionally 2yrs+ of data/analytics oriented experience through projects in a generalist role or as a data analyst, data scientist, database administrator, systems architect or Business Intelligence professional .
- Have a good grasp of analytics, reporting, databases, data systems and data architecture concepts. Able to quickly build credibility with technical teams, talk their language and be the connective tissue between the technology side and business side.
- You communicate effectively and provide clear materials and so-whats, with actionable synthesis and recommendations. You have strong listening skills and you naturally codify and write things down. You deliver pithy, well organized artifacts (presentations, emails, etc) to drive fact-based decision making.
- Highly collaborative, and partner-oriented professionally. Your team-first attitude enables you to easily and effectively work with multiple cross-functional teams. You establish enduring, trust-based relationships with key business partners and stakeholders. You love helping others drive successful business outcomes in their areas of responsibility
As A Business Operations Manager - Data Focus you will:
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work cross-functionally with Finance, Product and GTM teams to identify critical data/analytics gaps and drivers behind the challenges. Collaborate with business and technical teams to crystallize problem statements and solutions; and program manage the execution.
- DRAW THE OWL: Help design the future data capabilities at Twilio, focussing end to end from business, data platform, business intelligence to product engineering.
- EMPOWER OTHERS:Work cross-functionally to help build future state self serve reporting and analytics capabilities and empower Twilions to make best use of the data Twilio has.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Deeply understand the business health and key performance metrics for the Twilio business and bring business first focus to technology/data topics. Deep dive regularly into data and metrics to identify root cause issues and opportunities and follow through with action-oriented insights
- WRITE IT DOWN:Translate recommendations to results by executing on action plans and project/program managing as needed
- NO SHENANIGANS: Efficiently and effectively communicate findings / progress to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and broader Twilio organization
Given the incredible exposure of the Business Operations team across Twilio, we expect you will enjoy the diversity of fun and complex challenges you take on.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $120,832 - $166,144
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $105,728 - $145,376
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks