Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking an outstanding and hardworking Manager of Technical Program Management to lead the Platform Program Management Office. Platform Program Management is a partner to Platform Engineering, as one of the key organizations that enables and accelerates Twilio’s growth. An ideal candidate is a strong process-oriented leader who can help solve tough operational problems, thrive at the intersection of business, data and technology, wield excellent analytical skills, build unquestioning relationships, and scale the programs team.
The ideal candidate has 10+ years of proven experience in technology, with strong business generalist experience and knowledge of distributed systems/architecture. Additionally, you have strong process development and data analytics experience, as a manager of data analysts, project managers, program managers, and/or operations managers.
As leader of this team, you are at the forefront of helping Platform Engineering work cross-functionally to drive fast-moving strategic priorities, tackle operational challenges that impede execution, and enable growth, innovation, and efficiency by leading a team supporting critical initiatives.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Technical Program Management who lives the Twilio Magic with:
- 5+ years experience scaling and leading a highly effective, technical program management team(s) for a technology company.
- A natural problem-solver. You are comfortable with ambiguity and 80/20 thinking to quickly tease through complexity and bring structure to uncertainty. You effectively identify and articulate implications up and downstream, taking action or calling out as appropriate.
- Have familiarity with AWS, GCP, and other infrastructure and SaaS providers Have a good understanding of analytics, reporting, databases, data systems and data architecture concepts.
- Able to quickly build credibility with technical teams, talk their language and be the connective tissue between technology, business, and operations organizations.
- A communication specialist. You communicate effectively and provide clear materials with meaningful synthesis and recommendations. You listen and you naturally codify and write things down. You deliver pithy, well organized artifacts (presentations, emails, etc) to drive and guide fact-based decision making by senior management.
- Highly collaborative, and partner-oriented professionally, working effectively with multiple cross-functional teams. You establish enduring, trust-based relationships with key business partners and stakeholders. You have a passion for enabling others to drive successful business outcomes in their areas of responsibility
As A Senior Manager of Technical Program Management you will:
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work cross-functionally with across multiple organizations to identify processes that best support initiatives and require cross-functional collaboration in order to deliver business outcomes. Iterate and improve based on feedback from all partnersrs.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build program frameworks and operational processes that increase the efficiency and quality of execution for your program management team.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Continuously develop and mentor the technical program managers on your team to enable them to be successful in their roles and the initiatives that they directly lead.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Deeply understand the business health and key performance metrics and bring business first focus to technology initiatives. Deep dive regularly into data and metrics to identify risks and opportunities and follow through with action-oriented insights.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Translate recommendations to results by executing on action plans and project/program management as needed, draft quarterly and annual team roadmaps
- NO SHENANIGANS: Efficiently and effectively communicate findings / progress to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and the broader Platform Engineering organization
Given the incredible exposure of the Platform Engineering team across Twilio, we expect you will enjoy the diversity of fun and complex challenges you take on.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to taking on hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$146,240 - $201,080
Rest of Colorado:
$127,960 - $175,945
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks