Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Sr. Director, Product Management - Strategic Markets to deliver the products, processes, and platform capabilities to expand Twilio’s customer footprint in new strategic markets. This role will deliver world-class experiences to support customers and our GTM efforts in markets including enterprises in the G2K; indirect channels such as resellers, GSIs, and BPOs; and industry verticals such as healthcare, financial services, and public sector. This person will manage teams in each of these areas to deeply understand the unique needs of their customers, measure their results, and invest across the portfolio to win in each.
Twilio is looking for a product & business leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 10+ years of experience leading a substantial line of business or comparable senior product management roles
- Experience shipping B2B software products, ideally to buyers in different segments such as large enterprises, via indirect channels, or in regulated industries
- Experience developing and executing on multi-year business strategies
- Direct experience in building and managing high-functioning, diverse, and inclusive teams
- Experience leading with influence, not necessarily authority, across a cross functional organization and creating mechanisms to drive change
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and critical thinking skills, ideally with a financial perspective
- Comfort working with ambiguity and the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance - be an owner.
As the Sr. Director of Product Management, Strategic Markets you will:
- Manage a portfolio of businesses, leading each to execute a multi-year strategy to meet customer demand in new strategic markets
- Define and track key business and operational metrics to understand and communicate the health of our business and invest across the portfolio
- Build and manage product, engineering, and design teams to deliver platform capabilities, both directly and indirectly.
- Partner cross-functionally with other Twilio leaders to align priorities and resources to succeed in each market. This includes the GMs of individual business lines, finance, compliance, and go-to-market leaders in sales and marketing.
- Promote a positive work environment. Remove barriers to your team being successful through fostering strong stakeholder communication and relationships and a relentless focus on the big picture of building and defining the future of communication.
- Drive innovation through owning difficult and unfamiliar problems and be willing to Draw the Owl in a highly dynamic and ambiguous environment.
- Wear the Customer’s shoes. Collaborate with customers to define new platform capabilities and solutions. Be the voice of customer to represent diverse customer personas throughout Twilio and advocate for their needs
- Be responsible for creating and maintaining an inclusive and diverse environment through leveraging the Twilio Magic.
Growth in various strategic markets will play a critical part of Twilio’s future success. The teams in this business unit will play a key role to ensure our customers -- and the wide variety of personas that work there -- have a fantastic experience throughout their entire journey, from product discovery through the sales process and to their eventual expansion and scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.