Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior SRE Engineer to ensure reliability of cloud-based distributed systems built to seamlessly scale to several million transactions per day.
As a SRE Engineer (L3) in the Account Security team, you will ensure reliability of cloud-based distributed systems built to seamlessly scale to several million transactions per day. Not only will you be responsible for pursuing some of the most sophisticated and exciting technical problems in the industry, you will also be sharing your technical expertise with other engineers and helping to establish a DevOps culture among the organization.
You are intrigued by the intersection of the cloud, telecommunications and security spaces, how to harness the power of Data to enable millions of consumers to prevent fraud and securely sign up and sign in every day using the services from the global brands they trust. You enjoy the challenge of being responsible for a critical service and engineering it to work successfully in any circumstance.
You are accountable for your decisions and possess a high level of ownership over the products and infrastructure of your team. You feel frustrated when things go wrong and act proactively to prevent the next incident to happen.
You are able to reason about impact and effort of tasks in a judgemental way communicating your decisions to partners clearly.
You are also passionate about collaborating with multiple R&D and product teams, crafting the tools to provide an environment that should sustain microservices and APIs that developers around the world will use to deliver new applications. You have strong communication skills, and a belief that team output is more important than individual output.
- 5+ years of experience with SRE culture, improving reliability with automation, chaos testing, and process improvement
- Experience designing and operating distributed systems and cloud infrastructure at scale.
- Solid Knowledge of Cloud Provider Tools, preferably in AWS stack
- Hands-on experience in automating and improving the deployment pipelines and CI/CD in the public cloud.
- Experience working on security evaluations and penetration tests
- Collaborate with different teams to troubleshoot applications and services for mobile and the web.
- Knowledge in techniques such as Infrastructure as code, containerization and container orchestration tools
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot in networking, performance, system and infrastructure issues using standard tools.
- Experience working on a distributed team, with different time zones
- Experience with on call rotation
- Experience with our stack
- Capable of reasoning about SWE concepts such as API definitions, database modeling, microservices architecture and common failure modes.
- Experience with AWS related technologies
- Background in telecommunications domain
- Scripting programming skills
- BE AN OWNER: Take full end-to-end ownership of your services, from designing to operations and monitoring in production.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Conceive, design, and build infrastructure tooling that improves reliability across the entire product surface area, dealing with extensive distributed scale
- NO SHENANIGANS: You always act in an honest, direct and transparent way and uphold our values.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: You proactively identify risks and advocate for engineering process, tooling, or work streams that reduce that risk in a customer-centric way
- WRITE IT DOWN: Evaluate opportunities, risk and technical strategies and provide key findings to internal partners.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work in a fast paced environment. It is key for you to understand, document and define risks that drive and enhance the organization's ability to prioritize while advising the business of these priorities.
- BE BOLD: Drive architecture and building systems for multiple orders of magnitude of growth. Every big idea starts small: open up the boundaries and keep raising the bar as solving small problems can bring big results. Never settle and keep pushing yourself and the teams forward.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Coach, mentor and inspire engineering teams by building and ensuring a safe and inclusive environment where all voices can be heard.
- DRAW THE OWL: Influence teams to continuously be improving while supporting progressive ways to tackle problems; adopt new technologies and strategies where applicable.
- DON’T SETTLE: Always look for the next opportunity for Twilio to improve our quality, reliability and security to continuously earn our customers trust.
Our developers build the top tier Twilio Verify service used by millions of customers around the world. Every day we push the boundaries of web-scale service delivery, operating with utmost reliability the API services that secure the online presence of the biggest brands. We are passionate about crafting simple APIs that developers will love.
By joining us you will have the opportunity to work with a team of forward-thinking and supportive professionals who will care about helping you on a successful career path. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in either a remote location in our Bangalore, India office. You will enjoy our perks: catered meals, snacks, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.