Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. Our customers range from individual developers to large enterprises that are well known brand names and they collectively interact with millions of consumers. We are looking for an experienced operations manager to lead our global Compliance Operations team. The ideal candidate is comfortable with and enjoys solving complex problems, establishing productive workflows, diving into data and being a builder. In this role, you will work with Product Managers, Fraud Prevention, Legal and team members across the organization to develop successful operations strategies to deliver on business objectives. You will be a subject matter operations and will help evaluate and evolve compliance tools used by your team.
We are excited about the candidates with the following traits:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations or similar discipline or equivalent job experience.
- You have 4+ years of people management experience, preferably in an operations environment.
- You have basic technical skills including an understanding of APIs and data analytics and have basic SQL skills.
- You are detail-oriented with great organizational skills and comfort with ambiguity.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to present effectively and articulate concepts/ideas in a clear, concise manner.
- You have the ability to make sound decisions in a fast paced environment.
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills and are comfortable working under pressure.
- You have demonstrated the ability to proactively identify and launch process improvements that have a significant, positive, business impact.
- You have experience evaluating operational performance, building forecasts and finding creative solutions to operating constraints.
- You have strong relationship building and collaboration skills.
- You are able to work with remote teams and across time zones to foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Experience in the compliance, fraud, abuse or user protection space preferred but not required.
- Experience in technology or telecommunications preferred but not required.
As a Compliance Operations Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD: Lead and coach a team of Compliance Operations Specialists who work on “know your customer (‘KYC’)” vetting, as well as those who work compliance investigations, in order to flag issues, identify potential bad actors and new fraud trends and prevent losses.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Help your team achieve excellent performance and regularly assess your team’s ability to achieve performance goals and objectives such as productivity goals, SLAs, filtering and loss reduction targets, etc. Ensure your team has the critical thinking skills, the training, tools, and guidance necessary to analyze behavior and make decisions with a high rate of precision
- BE AN OWNER: Establish appropriate enforcement strategies that include account suspension, account closure, and escalation protocols. Establish procedures and set SLAs a for the KYC vetting team members and ensure that vetting is done accurately and within an appropriate time frame.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Identify, communicate, and own process improvements to enhance the productivity and effectiveness of your team.
- DON’T SETTLE: Collaborate successfully with PMs and team members throughout organization on products, tools and analytical systems used for detecting and remediating compliance and unwanted communications, across all channels in our network. Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure consistency in case work and actions taken.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Track key metrics, analyze performance relative to industry standards, and communicate the results.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Get your hands dirty - learn how to use Twilio products, be able to perform an investigation, understand at an expert level the tools being used by your team, be a subject matter expert in fraud prevention and the metrics that measure the success of your team.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally and every month, billions of voice and video calls are made and billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers and businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful and much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy and security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform and we’re able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilio’s customers remain compliant and have the most engaged and relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a product leader to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy and help take Twilio to the next level.
This position will be located remote US. Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $99,840 - $137,280
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $87,360 - $120,120
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks