Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking an Operations Manager to join, and manage, the team that runs Twilio’s phone number operations globally. This role will manage a team of Product Operations Engineers, while working directly to support customers, and partnering with internal stakeholders to help them port their phone numbers into Twilio, procure short codes and Sender IDs, and have access to phone numbers they require for their applications. The main focus of this role is to foster team unity and boost Twilio's day-to-day efficiencies. The Product Operations Engineering team is a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
As a Manager, Product Operations Engineering, Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic. You also have:
- Experience in leading a team of operations team members; including skills in interviewing, developing, coaching, evaluating performance and retaining talent
- You are an expert of operations, and you have a history of defining and driving operational metrics and process improvements. You’re comfortable reporting these metrics out to BU or company leadership.
- You are able to receive assignments in the form of objectives and determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. Recommend changes to policies and establish procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- You are able to work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develop and administer schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- You’re a clear verbal and written communicator.
- You’re introspective and extrospective, as you are committed to continuous self-improvement and team development.
- You’re capable of learning quickly and mastering complicated systems.
- You have advanced knowledge and ability with business intelligence tools, and you have demonstrated the ability to make quick decisions with limited data. You can communicate at an expert level through data, graphs, and visuals
As a Manager, Product Operations Engineering, you will
- Wear the Customer Shoes: Enable a consistent experience for our customers by ensuring operations are running smoothly.
- Draw the Owl: Assess the nature of product or service issues and resolve intermediate to advanced level problems.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Establish clear goals and expectations with the team, and hold team members accountable to expectations.
- Be Bold: Learn new processes across a variety of subject areas and ensure our operations are running smoothly.
- Don’t Settle: Lead and coach the team to ensure accuracy and efficiency across all Product Operations processes.
- Be an Owner: Plan and execute weekly/monthly/quarterly workload to deliver on company and department goals.
- Write it Down: Enable a consistent experience for our customers, team members and internal teams, and ensure all documentation on processes are up to date.
- Be Inclusive: Assist in leading team onboarding and learning and close knowledge gaps through training and experiences.
On the Product Operations Engineering team, our primary goal is operating efficiently to ensure our customers have access to purchase and port phone numbers around the globe. We are focused on operational efficiency to deliver an excellent customer experience. We are a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: 99,840 USD - 124,800 USD
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: 87,360 USD - 109,200 USD
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks