Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our EMEA team in Prague, supporting our customers’ use of our Console platform, and help customers manage their Twilio products, services, and accounts.
We’ll count on you to interact in a friendly and professional way. You will work with our customers’ and partners’ developers and support personnel to resolve complex problems. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners, and operate as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s customer interfaces.
Twilio is looking for someone who is customer focused with a passion for providing excellent customer support. Excellent customer support is one of the core values of our company and what our customers have come to expect and love about our service. If you are technically savvy, customer focused, and have outstanding communication skills, keep reading. We seek someone with:
- 1+ year experience providing professional customer and/or technical support
- A demonstrated history of customer focus and empathy, including the ability to diplomatically address customer concerns and provide feedback.
- Experience communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone, chat or email mediums
- Experience utilizing customer feedback to identify and drive improvements in our customer interfaces
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
- Proven advanced time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, and are proficient at developing workflows to remain efficient at tasks while still following standard processes and procedures
As a Technical Support Engineer you live the Twilio Magic:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Provide product support for common customer inquiries received via the telephone, email and chat
- NO SHENANIGANS: Help our customers to use our Console interface and help them with questions related to their account configurations, billing issues, and phone number capabilities, requirements and provisioning, ensuring that they are able to understand and get the most out of their Twilio experience
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Prioritize customer interactions to expedite urgent customer needs
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible defects
- BE AN OWNER: Report any trends, incidents, known issues that may arise while triaging ticketing system. Work to surface and document customer pain points to assist in process improvement
- DON’T SETTLE: Review internal knowledge bases to stay up on industry shifts and standards
We are there when our customers need us, 24x7, and this position may require working an irregular shift, including weekends (shifts are subject to change based on evolving team and customer needs). This position will also require supporting our customers on holidays to ensure that our customer’s needs are met.
This position will be based in Prague. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths.
We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.