Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing fast and looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to join our globally distributed Flex R&D organization on our Flex SDK team. Twilio Flex is a programmable cloud contact center platform that enables mission critical customer communications for businesses such as Lyft, Shopify and many others. Flex SDK is a client side library that provides a higher degree of customisation of the contact centres allowing businesses to leverage the best of the Twilio services while maintaining the uniqueness of their own brand. With the Flex SDK team you will be taking the programmability of Flex to the next level!
We are looking for a motivated individual to lead our Test Automation strategy in Flex SDK who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 5+ years of software development and/or testing experience
- Experience with modern testing frameworks such as but not limited to Cypress, Selenium, etc.
- Expertise in Quality Assurance techniques and experience in client-side performance testing strategies
- Experience with developing and designing automated tests, and coaching engineers on best practices, development techniques, security, tech debt balance, code quality, etc
- Ability to translate architecture vision into concrete system designs
- Strong communication skills: in person, on paper, or in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, other engineers, and customer support teams
- Experience with implementing and maintaining CI/CD automation pipelines using tools like Jenkins/CircleCI or similar. Experience with Docker is a plus.
- Experience with contact center or customer communications software space and virtual desktop solutions (Citrix, VMWare, Amazon Workspaces) is a plus
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work with engineering teams and with members of the product organisation to distill internal and customer needs into requirements and tech specs
- DRAW THE OWL: Lead the testing vision and execution for your team.
- BE AN OWNER: Architect new systems with a focus on scalability, testability, and maintainability
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Help resolve technical issues and blockers for internal and external customers
- DON’T SETTLE: Drive high engineering standards on the team through code review, automated testing, and mentoring. We care what our code looks like, and you should too
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with colleagues on a small, energetic team
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn, though considering the world’s current circumstances you will start from your home office.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.