Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Software Architect who is passionate about leading cross-functional globally distributed R&D teams. Flex, the first fully programmable cloud contact center, is a platform product that integrates both native Twilio services as well as serving up a pluggable infrastructure that allows partners and customers to extend and customize the platform for their unique needs. This role will serve as an Architect on the team supporting the global Flex R&D organization along with a lead architect and data architect. This team drives product architecture, reduces information silos across engineering teams and improves design and engineering quality across Flex engineering. Additionally, contribute to the overall Twilio architectural organization that drives standards, ensures cross-BU collaboration to achieve best project outcomes.
Twilio is looking for a seasoned architect who lives the Twilio Magic and with deep experience with distributed systems and platform engineering principles to the table. You are passionate about operational excellence and know how to build software that delivers it. You are able to think at scale, define, and meet stringent availability and performance SLAs while ensuring quality and resiliency challenges across our diverse product and tech stacks are addressed. You also:
- Have a track record of designing and building large-scale, cloud-based, highly available software platforms.
- Are an API first developer who understands the power of platforms.
- Are passionate about enabling other developers through your leadership and driving teams to efficient decisions
- Have the ability to balance long-term objectives with urgent short-term needs
- Can successfully lead teams through very challenging engineering problems.
- Domain Expertise in one or more of: Distributed Computing, Data pipelines and workflow, contact center technologies, identity management
- Have a Bachelor's degree in a computer science or relevant experience
- Have demonstrated the ability to design complex systems in an iterative and evolutionary manner.
As a Software Architect on the Flex team you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Work with your team providing engineering leadership and ensuring your resources are solving the most critical engineering problems, while ensuring your products are scalable, performant, and highly available.
- DON’T SETTLE: Focused on delivering the highest quality of services, and you support your team as they push production code that impacts thousands of Twilio customers and their customers.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Spent time with engineering managers and developers to create and deliver critical new products and/or features that empower them to introduce change with quality and speed.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Made sure to connect with your team, both onsite and remote, to ensure they are delivering on engineering and operational excellence and growing their skills through your leadership.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Be a thought leader in your space and share your knowledge in a scalable way by documenting vision and viewpoint and actively contributing to the Architectural Guild.
The Flex product is central to Twilio's vision to serve the developer community. It is the contact center platform of the future, enabling customers to have a fully customizable contact center solution. Flex is Twilio’s flagship application product built on top of Twilio’s communication primitives. We serve both enterprise customers, partners and the developers that work to customize their Flex solution.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$177,024 - $221,280
Rest of Colorado:
$165,960 - $207,450
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks