Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is a rapidly growing leader in the cloud communications software market. Our Sales Development team is a key part of the New Business Sales team consisting of Sales Managers and New Business Account Executives! As the Senior Sales Development Manager, you will lead a team that supports all levels of the organization by qualifying marketing leads and creating new opportunities that add pipeline and revenue to the broader sales organization. This includes joining a team with people who are smart, organized, thorough, and take pride in initiating meaningful relationships with future customers!
This role reports into the Sales Development Director and will be based in Singapore.
- 5+ years of experience in sales development management.
- Proven track record of excellence in leading high performing teams.
- Ability to hire, onboard, and continuously train new sales representatives.
- Natural leader with the ability to coach young managers and reps how to be flexible and adaptable to changing conditions at a fast-paced, growing company
- Experience in successfully managing people to achieve performance goals.
- Robust Salesforce.com analysis of marketing campaigns.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Previous experience in the cloud or enterprise software space is advantageous
As a Senior Sales Development Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values by:
- BE AN OWNER: Lead, coach, and manage a team of managers and reps to meet and exceed targets
- BE BOLD: Drive team and individual execution through strong metric and forecast management
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS' SHOES: Maintain and build on the quality relationships between leadership partners in Sales, Marketing, and Operations while ensuring alignment in strategy and execution.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build and refine Sales Development processes to maximize execution, efficiency, and production of Sales Development and regional Sales teams
- EMPOWERS OTHERS: Interview and hire top quality Inbound & Outbound SDRs and managers to continue to scale the region. Develop and mentor reps for career growth within the Twilio Sales organization.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Demonstrate and communicate expert knowledge on metrics related to sales qualified leads, opportunity conversion rates % and SDR pipeline attribution. Actively use Sales tools like SFDC and Outreach to manage sales processes, and set standards for performance metrics.
The Sales Development team is a strategic component to our go-to-market strategy. This team will look to capture the attention of commercial and enterprise level companies that have been around for many years. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio’s platform to developers, non-profits and enterprise to make an impact on their services.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications for customer engagement. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your career growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and crafting your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.