Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking an exceptional and passionate Technical Program Manager to join our global Platform Engineering Operations team. Platform Engineering Operations serves as the operational glue that partners with Platform Engineering teams to accelerate Twilio’s growth. We are looking for a strong process-oriented technical program manager who can help solve tough operational problems, thrive at the intersection of business, data and technology, wield excellent analytical skills and build trust-based relationships as second nature.
The ideal candidate has strong business generalist experience with knowledge of or strong interest in distributed systems/architecture and analytics. 4+ years of total work experience. General management experience through a BizOps, management consulting, or technology company. Additionally, strong process development and data analytic experience - through projects as a data analyst, project manager, program manager, or operations manager.
As part of this team, you are at the forefront of helping Platform Engineering take its processes and data driven decision making to the next level. Working cross functionally to drive fast-moving strategic priorities, tackle operational challenges, and enable growth, innovation, and cost efficiency.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager who lives the Twilio Magic with:
- A natural problem-solver and strategic thinker. You are comfortable with ambiguity and 80/20 thinking to quickly tease through complexity and bring structure to chaos. You effectively identify and articulate implications up and downstream, taking action or escalating as appropriate.
- 2+ years of experience at a top-tier management consulting firm or technology company in a business generalist role or an MBA.
- Additionally 2+ years of process oriented experience through projects in a generalist role or as a data analyst, project manager, program manager, or operations manager.
- Have 1+ years experience working with AWS, GCP, and other infrastructure and SaaS providers
- Have a good understanding of analytics, reporting, databases, data systems and data architecture concepts. Able to quickly build credibility with technical teams, talk their language and be the connective tissue between the technology side and operations side.
- A communication expert. You communicate effectively and provide clear materials with actionable synthesis and recommendations. You have strong listening skills and you naturally codify and write things down. You deliver pithy, well organized artifacts (presentations, emails, etc) to drive fact-based decision making.
- Highly collaborative, and partner-oriented professionally. Your team-first attitude enables you to easily and effectively work with multiple cross-functional teams. You establish enduring, trust-based relationships with key business partners and stakeholders. You love helping others drive successful business outcomes in their areas of responsibility
- Must be fluent in English.
As A Technical Program Manager you will:
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work cross-functionally with Finance and Platform Engineering teams to identify processes that adequately attribute costs of business unit usage of Platform Engineering services. Collaborate with teams to crystallize problem statements and solutions; and program manage the execution.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build operational processes that increase Platform Engineering team efficiency & quality. Focus end to end from the Platform Engineering business, data platform, business intelligence to product engineering.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work cross-functionally to help build future state self serve reporting and analytics capabilities and empower Platform Engineering teams to make best use of their data.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Deeply understand the business health and key performance metrics for the Platform Engineering business and bring business first focus to technology/data topics. Deep dive regularly into data and metrics to identify root cause issues and opportunities and follow through with action-oriented insights
- WRITE IT DOWN: Translate recommendations to results by executing on action plans and project/program management as needed
- NO SHENANIGANS: Efficiently and effectively communicate findings / progress to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and the broader Platform Engineering organization
Given the incredible exposure of the Platform Engineering teams across Twilio, we expect you will enjoy the diversity of fun and complex challenges you take on.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.