Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Staff Financial Analyst - Revenue / Zuora Lead to join our Financial systems enablement team supporting the Finance & Accounting teams. The ideal candidate should be a self starter, have a solid analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal communications, diligent time management skills, be team-oriented and have a strong work ethic. Lastly you work well under pressure to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints.
This role is expected to be an SME in Revenue working with multiple billing and revenue systems ,understanding and managing Twilio’s revenue models in partnership with the Global revenue team driving automations and Innovation. You will own the Revenue models in Oracle cloud ERP system implementation end-end and Zuora, building best practices working closely with business partners
Twilio is looking for a Staff Financial Analyst - Revenue / Zuora Lead who lives in Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 8+ years of revenue accounting experience, an in depth understanding of revenue accounting systems and processes, experience in a global, SaaS, technology company is preferred
- Strong understanding and knowledge of U.S. GAAP revenue recognition rules, specifically ASC 606
- Proficient in Zuora admin and development activities which include user/security , product catalog, Audit, Integration and change management and workflows
- Understand the Company product offerings, routes to market implications on revenue recognition
- Proficient in process and solution engineering, managing and delivering cross functional multiple projects and integrations with advanced presentation skills and authoritative communications
- Assist in cross-functional requirement sessions to elicit, document and analyze business requirements and functional specifications. Includes identifying unspoken or conflicting requirements and challenging the norm
- Experience with Acquisitions combing Billings and Revenue platform is a plus
- Solid communication skills and the ability to understand business ask and clearly articulate your point of view .
- Experience with the following systems is a plus; Avalara/other tax software, Datawarehouse, SFDC, ERP(NetSuite), Anaplan, Tableau, Looker, ServiceNow, Workday, Salesforce.com, OKTA, GSuite
- Experience working in a high scale, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment with distributed team across time zones
As a Staff Financial Analyst - Revenue / Zuora Lead for the Financial Enablement teams, you will
- BE AN OWNER: You own the process of driving the organization to best practices using strong Functional and Influential skills communicating to senior executives and communicating with stakeholders across the organization.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Proactively identify and clearly communicate messages and updates regarding blockers, dependencies, risks, and current status to all stakeholders
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Demonstrate strong prioritization skills with multitasking and competing priorities and know how to make the right trade-offs
- BE INCLUSIVE: Liaise well with IT teams and various business partners upstream/downstream to influence accuracy and efficiency in the revenue accounting process
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify opportunities for operational improvements across Finance & Accounting business applications and drive solution definition using metrics.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication.Ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
The Twilio IT organization is on a mission to hire the very best employees and to create exceptional employee experiences. We are actively scaling for current and future growth and believe that we can add value to Twilio through our collaboration with the various functional teams. We realize that new ideas have to come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours. You will have an incredible impact in how we achieve our goals of sustained excellence and scalability, and your role is integral to growing Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located in the Denver office or remote. For in office employees you will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: 112,320 USD - 140,400 USD
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks