Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Strategic Content Marketer to be a key addition to Twilio’s Developer Content Team. This role will be focused on developing, writing, and refreshing existing Twilio SendGrid assets, as well as new Twilio guides, reports, and other resources. This person will work closely with key stakeholders across Marketing to determine which resources need to be refreshed, when they’ll be released, and what new resources we should be creating. In addition to using data to inform your decisions, you’ll be responsible for creating the promotional materials for each published asset, as well as tracking their impact over time.
Twilio is looking for a teammate who lives the Twilio Magic, and has a demonstrated track record of producing interesting visual, written, and even video content. They should also have:
- 5+ years experience in a content-specific role.
- Experience working closely with content marketers, developers, and other key stakeholders to identify and publish valuable content designed to educate and inform current and potential customers.
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills.
- Ability to use creativity and journalistic traits to uncover additional opportunities for content.
- Ability to manage the writing and publishing of long-form written assets with numerous contributors and stakeholders.
- An eye for detail and proven copy editing experience.
- Experience tracking the performance of content and communicating the results to the larger team/stakeholders.
As a Strategic Content Marketer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop a process and document the impacts of Twilio SendGrid’s and Twilio’s resources.
- DRAW THE OWL: Take initiative and find new ways, channels, and mediums for publishing new long-form content.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead all aspects of refreshing yearly guides and reports and creating new resources on SendGrid.com and Twilio.com.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence, and negotiating agreement terms.
The Developer Content team is critical for the success of Twilio’s self-service and product awareness process. We work closely with senior leadership, Lifecycle Marketing, Demand Generation, Developer Voices, and the Developer Network to create content that drives awareness and adoption of Twilio SendGrid and Twilio products. The work completed in this role will be used to market products like email, SMS, voice, IoT, and others, to millions of potential customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $74,944.00- $103,048.00
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $65,576.00 - $90,167.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks