Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a talented Japanese speaking analyst in Singapore to join our commercial finance team to provide pricing and deal structuring guidance to our sales teams across Asia Pacific & Japan and help us balance our rapid growth with healthy margins and managing the risk.
As the Commercial Finance Analyst - APJ you will partner with sales, sales operations, product managers, super network, pricing & packaging and the extended Twilio’s Finance team to create the optimal deal structure for our customers. Reporting to the Director of GTM Finance you will have a significant impact on how Twilio shapes strategic deals and continues to accelerate its international growth. Your specific focus will be to support our Japanese customers and business..
Twilio is looking for an Analyst who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of designing commercial deal models that balance growth with margin requirements. They also have:
- Degree or experience in Pricing, Finance, Economics, Business, Math or Engineering.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in consulting, financial analysis, and/or pricing background preferred.
- Fluent in Japanese, written and spoken
- Previous experience working with technology (software) companies, Telcos or Infrastructure providers a plus.
- Fluent understanding of P&L dynamics and unit economics.
- Strong analytical skill set including google docs, Salesforce.com and other analytics tools/databases.
- Self-starter; takes ownership of goals and works to meet or exceed them.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to build strong partnership with sales and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrixed environment.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-pace and changing environment.
As a Commercial Finance Analyst, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyse pricing, margin, discounting and presenting plans to improve revenue, product mix, margin and growth to regional leadership.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and qualify new inorganic revenue growth, margin expansion ideas from internal and external sources and drive end-to-end execution of changes to policy, targeting and strategy to implement.
- BE BOLD: Lead or assist in multiple aspects of pricing negotiations, including strategy formation, developing business cases & deal execution.
- BE AN OWNER: Own the pricing and margins strategies for your region. Continuously review pricing, margin and cost performance for the region and recommending actions to regional and WW leadership.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across multiple teams (Sales Operations, Contract Operations, Sales, Billing, Finance, Network operations, Pricing) within Twilio to help educate, rollout and influence teams to drive pricing and cost decisions for your region.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating pricing, margins and discounts.
The Commercial Finance team is very important to Twilio's continued healthy growth. We work closely with sales teams, pricing teams, network operations teams to advise them on pricing, margin on specific deals to help grow revenue with healthy margins. You will have a significant and direct impact on our profitability on our largest customers and help us maintain our accelerated growth in Japan and the rest of Asia Pacific.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Singapore office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratised communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualising the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organisations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.